Another round ... fun with Craigslist

Quote:
lol.png
In my defense, I went directly to Michickenwranglers last post.
tongue2.gif

LOL

*Now I have to watch my back for THAT one there*

Quote:
" There, their and they're.
Many people are so spooked by apostrophes that a word like “they’re” seems to them as if it might mean almost anything. In fact, it’s always a contraction of “they are.” If you’ve written “they’re,” ask yourself whether you can substitute “they are.” If not, you’ve made a mistake. “Their” is a possessive pronoun like “her” or “our” “They eat their hotdogs with sauerkraut.”

Everything else is “there.” “There goes the ball, out of the park! See it? Right there! There aren’t very many home runs like that.” “Thier” is a common misspelling, but you can avoid it by remembering that “they” and “their” begin with the same three letters. Another hint: “there” has “here” buried inside it to remind you it refers to place, while “their” has “heir” buried in it to remind you that it has to do with possession. "

http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/errors.html#t

This thread is to funny! I bet every one is checking and double checking there grammar.

**I left at least 3 problems in that sentance...Please correct oh language teacher and grammar natzi!

Quote:
" There, their and they're.
Many people are so spooked by apostrophes that a word like “they’re” seems to them as if it might mean almost anything. In fact, it’s always a contraction of “they are.” If you’ve written “they’re,” ask yourself whether you can substitute “they are.” If not, you’ve made a mistake. “Their” is a possessive pronoun like “her” or “our” “They eat their hotdogs with sauerkraut.”

Everything else is “there.” “There goes the ball, out of the park! See it? Right there! There aren’t very many home runs like that.” “Thier” is a common misspelling, but you can avoid it by remembering that “they” and “their” begin with the same three letters. Another hint: “there” has “here” buried inside it to remind you it refers to place, while “their” has “heir” buried in it to remind you that it has to do with possession. "

http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/errors.html#t

But see, wouldn't that mean I was only wrong if you assume I meant to show ownership....

They could have a broken (.) on their keyboard. Would be right if you mean the keyboard they own.

They could have a broken (.) on there keyboard. The keyboards is not theirs per-say but it is there an they are using it.

Not that I care, being southern means I don't have to.

I'm horrible at grammar, funny cause I use to be good in it when I was younger ...... I guess now I just don't give a crap.
lol.png
You either like me or don't despite my incorrect grammar and horrible spelling.

Back
Top Bottom