Another Soldier Home Today!!!

Iowa Roo Mom

Resistance Is Futile
11 Years
Apr 30, 2009
Keokuk County
My cousin comes home today after a 12 month tour of duty in Iraq!!!
woot.gif

I won't be able to be up there for the big homecoming, but I'll try and get pics... He left behind a 5 year old DD (now 6 year old) and she has been counting down the days 'till her daddy gets to come home. I wish I could be there to see the reunion.
Please remember to include the men and women who fight for our country in your prayers, it really does mean something to them and their families.

Edited because I am a terrible speller!

Last edited:
Thanks to God he is home safe.

The past two days have been very bad for our men in Afghanistan. I watched the news last night and my heart was so heavy for them and their families.

I am 62, lost friends and a family member to Viet Nam. I went to the wall in DC a year ago, it was all I could do to get by it without breaking down.

War, what is it good for, absolutely nothin'

DonnaBelle

I know the heartache of having your spouse go off to war, leaving 2 little girls and a wife behind for 15 months here...but actually turned out to be longer...way longer...and wasn't such a happy reunion (whole nother story). It really is a sacrifice for all involved.

If I were to advice anyone on prayers needed it would be for the men and women who's minds need rest and joyful news... in theater and for their loved ones back home. And for those coming back "changed" whether it mean physically and/or mentally...may they and their loved ones know patience and endure with Grace and a common understanding to be strong and be there when they may but also know when help should be sought and graciously accepted when offered. So help Us God, in Jesus Christ's name we pray. Amen.

So happy for the family to be reunited once again and may it bring rejuvenation to them all and comfort and laughter.

regards,
g

Quote:
Yes, please do!....

My cousin left about 2 weeks ago for Baghdad, she's having to leave behind a beautiful 10 month old baby girl and a very loving husband and family. Not sure how long she'll be gone, but I can't imagine how it must be for them.

Thanks to all of you that have sacrificed so much to serve our country.

Back
Top Bottom