Another unexpected mystery chick!

Imma Okie

Chirping
8 Years
Dec 2, 2011
Oklahoma
I did it again. I was at a different TSC ranch and farm supply store last night JUST for horse feed. I glanced over at the cute lil chicks, just to look. Once again, I spot a sickly pasty butt chick. I pointed it out to the manager. She promptly cleaned the chick’s bottom. It was clear that the lil creature didn’t feel good. There was a “sold” sign above the tank. I asked if the person who bought those chicks were going to pick them up soon, because that chick would die without care. She said that they weren’t even paid for, and that they wouldn’t be picked up anytime soon. I asked her “How much for the sick chick?”
She said “Take her home.”
So, after a late night caring for this poor chick, she is looking a lot better. Her vent was very swollen and she wouldn’t eat or drink. Today she is chirping, eating and drinking. (Vent is still a little swollen. I am hoping for the best.)
Now that she is feeling much better, I feel better about turning my focus towards wondering what sort of chicken she is, or if she is a he (that’s a question I’ll post later LOL)
Her bottom fluff is stuck, so it looks bald (darker in the pics). I didn’t want to rub too much, as she seemed very uncomfortable when I was cleaning her. TSC dips the chicks halfway in a bucket to clean them! This explains the fluff matted down. I will update as she improves.

So…what do you think? Obviously a bantam.

She was all over the place (good sign!) which made it very difficult to take a decent picture.

Back
Top Bottom