Another Welthy question????

1ADAM12

Songster
5 Years
Jun 18, 2016
Tioga, PA
My drake has gotten a bit too frisky with the girls and has not torn both of their eyes open to the point of bleeding. I am not sure the one hen will get her vision back in the one eye. Is it time to get rid of the drake? He just seems to be too aggressive for the girls.

My drake has gotten a bit too frisky with the girls and has not torn both of their eyes open to the point of bleeding. I am not sure the one hen will get her vision back in the one eye. Is it time to get rid of the drake? He just seems to be too aggressive for the girls.
Either that or pen him away from them. I hope your females will be okay and the one gets her vision back. Are you treating them for their injuries? @1ADAM12

If it keeps up we will rehome him. I hate too but I have to look out for what's best. I thought about hatching some eggs but don't think we will. Ducks are a lot more work than chickens lol

Do you really think ducks are more work than chickens? I've only owned (or been owned by, depending on how you look at it
wink.png
) ducks so I've been wondering.
Not really. I have cleaned up after them all for so long I can do it in my sleep.2 things Ducks are messy with their water. Chickens are messy with their food. So to me comes out about even.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom