answer me this please

Keene's coop

Songster
9 Years
Feb 8, 2010
neenah, wisconsin
sometimes, when my grandparents give us too many dozens of eggs, i give some to some of my neighbors. one neighbor tried them and didn't like them. they were brown eggs. he said he does not like brown eggs, just white eggs. for some reason he thinks that brown eggs have a different flavor than white eggs. and i said yes they do because the white eggs he gets from the store are old and the brown eggs i give him are fresh. that's the only reason. and i told him the shell is brown only because of the breed of chicken laying them. so i was wondering, am i right or is he.
caf.gif

My mother's boyfriend says this kind of stuff. I only give her white eggs because if he knows the eggs come from 'a chicken,' rather than 'the store,' he doesn't like them. When they're white and he doesn't know, they're, "Really good!" but we don't dare tell him for fear of him changing his mind and causing World War III over this.
barnie.gif

Taste is subjective.

Some people probably don't like the flavor that a diet with fresh, green plants gives the yolk.

Some tastes can be learned but there's usually resistance to anything new. Experience can overcome biases but not if there's a mindset that "I don't know much about it but I'm sure that I know what I like."

Really? . . . . ♪ you're chicken!! ♪ !

Steve
big_smile.png

he does keep asking me questions about it. the last i heard, i may be wrong, but store eggs are almost a month old by the time they reach the stores. not sure if that is true. but i know they are on the old side. so i have 5 brown layers and 1 white layer (she's looking a little bit like a roo), if she is a she, i'm gonna give him one white egg and one brown and see if he notices a difference. the funny thing is, he's in his mid 60's and was raised on a small farm with chickens. i don't get it. well thank you for comfirming.
celebrate.gif

I just shake my head in wonder- I thought it was only kids who didn't get it- you know- like chocolate milk comes from brown cows. Wonder what they would say to blue and green eggs?
lol.png

Keene's coop :

he does keep asking me questions about it. the last i heard, i may be wrong, but store eggs are almost a month old by the time they reach the stores. not sure if that is true.
It is not true. Most of the major retailers or retail suppliers of shell eggs buy eggs that are all produced on one farm in a one day period and are subsequently delivered to the warehouse within a 24 hour period. And in semi loads of 24,000 dozen. What earthly reason would an egg distributor or stores have to hold eggs for a month?

but i know they are on the old side.
You belive this because you have been a victimized by the clever "agenda without facts" tactics of the food scare industry.

so i have 5 brown layers and 1 white layer (she's looking a little bit like a roo), if she is a she, i'm gonna give him one white egg and one brown and see if he notices a difference. the funny thing is, he's in his mid 60's and was raised on a small farm with chickens. i don't get it. well thank you for comfirming.
celebrate.gif

This is such a funny subject! I have a small flock, so I give some eggs away to family, and I have just a handful of customers who buy them. The funny thing is, one lady doesn not want the Ameraucana eggs simply because of the green shells. I think it's hysterical! Her husband eats the green ones, but I usually just give them brown to humor her.

And some people will swear that my eggs taste so much better than store bought, but a few are, for some reason, squeamish about using them. (I always clean them, so there's no poop on them too....) Go figure!

I think it's just some people get an idea in their heads......I just laugh about it!
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom