Answer to the Delaware Dilemma

You may call me Mr Walt Kathy. I enjoyed your "Breeder" thread and there were some very good definitions of a breeder. btw: please call me Walt, I don't need to feel any older.
I will try to help when I can. This is a difficult hobby to begin with, I don't want to see people go down the wrong road and have to start over. I don't have all the answers, but I can probably find someone that does have the answer.

I just went on your website, Walt. VERY NICE pictures. I did a little drooling.
Bantam ducks? Really?? See how little I know?
Thank you SO much for offering to answer questions - I hope you have some fun with us on this site, too -
Oh, yes, go to the "Official English Orpington" thread in this same section - Kathy and I both have some babies - I am not sure about all of Kathy's, but I have four babies by Winston and Minerva. Since you raised Orps, you might be interested.

Bantam ducks. . ..hmmmm. . . .

Last edited:
Walt, welcome to BYC. Thanks for your help on our issues we've been discussing. Maybe the fog is clearing a bit for us, at least on this one.
smile.png

Quote:
Yup, bantam ducks. If you ever raise a Call duck you will want to have them forever! They have a lot of personality. East Indies and the rest of the bantam ducks are pretty, but they have zero personality. Unfortunately good Calls are hard to reproduce.

What do you think of the buff Orp (9 mo old pullet ) in my avatar?

My website is very old, I'm in the process of redoing it with updates.

Walt, oh ...... you had to go there, didn't you? ORPS ..... we ALL love Orps! That is a lovely buff in your avatar! Do you raise buff orps now? Delawares and Orps ..... those are the favorite breeds for lots of us here!

Hey, what about those White Laced Red Cornish on your website? Do you still have those? Oh my gosh .... I love those!

From the little I know about Orpingtons, having just gotten started, I would say she is lovely - I would have to dig out my SOP to compare, though, you know.
wink.png
I always wondered, from the things I have read, about the color, and wondered if it were the same as a good palomino horse - a certain "new minted copper penny" quality to it.

OK, I am looking at my SOP. The tail angle and the way it comes out of the back looks great. Could she possibly need to be a little fuller in the breast? Or is that look due to her age? I have never gotten a straight answer about when an Orp is considered mature. AND sometimes pictures get a squishy look on the net, and she looks more U shaped than the pics in the SOP. So, does she have faults?
hide.gif

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome Walt! We're so glad you could join us! Even those of us who have not a single Delaware, [ yet ]but who cherish the breed regardless, will surely benefit by your presence. And Kathy is absolutely right about the Orpingtons. They're another well loved breed among many of us here. Yours truly included!

Beth, sweetie!
hugs.gif
Thank you so much for going to all of this time and effort to bring Walt into the fold here! Awesome job lady!
thumbsup.gif
Just knowing that the information will be correct and accurate will be a godsend in and of itself!

Walt, if I use the term "Straight from the horses mouth" please don't take offense to it. I just can't think of a better way to put it!!
gig.gif
Yes, indeed! It's good to know that the answers to our questions will come straight from the horses mouth! No more vague or unfounded opinion, but actual in practice fact!!! Gotta love that!
clap.gif
So welcome! Welcome! Welcome! I hope that you become every bit as addicted to BYC as the rest of us Walt!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Kathy, you are going to get the Red Laced White Cornish now aren't you! Those are beautiful Walt and make my Dark Laced Girls look skinny.

The stories on your website are wonderful... the one bird I didn't see though were Serama Bantams.........?
lau.gif
gig.gif
tongue2.gif

Quote:
Germaine .....
tongue2.gif
(Only if Walt has eggs he will sell me!
gig.gif
)

Quote:
OH, Paaahlease
th.gif
..... NONE of your chickens are skinny. You have big plump, happy, healthy chickens!

Quote:
Now I know there is more to this story!
lol.png
Seramas?
sickbyc.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom