Antibiotic for coughing congestion

Saaniya

Crazy Chicken Mom
6 Years
Aug 31, 2017
New Delhi India
Hello guys.
So it's cold in my city and my rooster facing coughing issue .
I'm sure here he get his cough from eating powdered feed i gave him when he face some slow crop but now he develop cough a bad coughing ..when he vocalise his voice I can hear cough I gave him one shot of human Amoxicillin 100mg as my stock Doxycycline is expired ..

Today I'm going to get Antibiotic for him
I'm confused over
• Doxycycline and Neomycin Sulfate (Neodox)
• baytril 10%

Which one should I get to clear the cough?

Most common infectious diseases to cause respiratory infection symptoms are Mycoplasma Gallisepticum (MG or also known as Chronic Respiratory Disease), Coryza, or even Infectious Laryngotracheitis (ILV). I’ll tell you the unfortunate truth about respiratory infections in chickens- if you don’t believe me, look it up for yourself. Unfortunately, unlike us humans, antibiotics will never cure the disease of affected or exposed birds. All your infected birds will remain carriers for life, spreading the diseases to non-infected birds through feces. If you introduce new birds to your existing flock, the newbies will become infected. If you hatch eggs, MG passes through eggs into the chick, if it survives. Most, of not, all poultry respiratory diseases are reportable to all 50 USA states. You must maintain a closed flock. No birds out, no new birds in. Do not sell nor give away eggs to be hatched. Your other option is to cull your entire flock and disinfect everything. Your infected bird(s) will remain immune-comprimised for life. It’ll resurface within times of stress. Here’s more information about the MOST COMMON disease in backyard flocks: http://www.gapoultrylab.org/wp-cont...coplasma handout for Backyard Flocks 4-12.pdf

Hello guys.
So it's cold in my city and my rooster facing coughing issue .
I'm sure here he get his cough from eating powdered feed i gave him when he face some slow crop but now he develop cough a bad coughing ..when he vocalise his voice I can hear cough I gave him one shot of human Amoxicillin 100mg as my stock Doxycycline is expired ..

Today I'm going to get Antibiotic for him
I'm confused over
• Doxycycline and Neomycin Sulfate (Neodox)
• baytril 10%

Which one should I get to clear the cough?
Saaniya, do you have any more of the Amoxicillin since you started him on that?
I think I gave the dosing info for that in your pm.

Of course Baytril is the strongest antibiotic you have listed, if it is aspiration pneumonia then the Baytril should take care of that.

Cyclines or Tylosin are also good for respiratory ailments.

Saaniya, do you have any more of the Amoxicillin since you started him on that?
I think I gave the dosing info for that in your pm.

Of course Baytril is the strongest antibiotic you have listed, if it is aspiration pneumonia then the Baytril should take care of that.

Cyclines or Tylosin are also good for respiratory ailments.

Yes I'm just out from my home to get the Medicine before that I give him half capsule of Amoxicillin ..
The coughing sound is decreased but not alot much . So I'll bring Baytril surely

I'm also keep checking his yeast it's still under control so I need to administrate baytril for next 3 days ..I check my PM too lol I was so anxious that I forget to check my PM..😂🙈

Most common infectious diseases to cause respiratory infection symptoms are Mycoplasma Gallisepticum (MG or also known as Chronic Respiratory Disease), Coryza, or even Infectious Laryngotracheitis (ILV). I’ll tell you the unfortunate truth about respiratory infections in chickens- if you don’t believe me, look it up for yourself. Unfortunately, unlike us humans, antibiotics will never cure the disease of affected or exposed birds. All your infected birds will remain carriers for life, spreading the diseases to non-infected birds through feces. If you introduce new birds to your existing flock, the newbies will become infected. If you hatch eggs, MG passes through eggs into the chick, if it survives. Most, of not, all poultry respiratory diseases are reportable to all 50 USA states. You must maintain a closed flock. No birds out, no new birds in. Do not sell nor give away eggs to be hatched. Your other option is to cull your entire flock and disinfect everything. Your infected bird(s) will remain immune-comprimised for life. It’ll resurface within times of stress. Here’s more information about the MOST COMMON disease in backyard flocks: http://www.gapoultrylab.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Mycoplasma handout for Backyard Flocks 4-12.pdf

So true I agree .. although my roosters are indoor chickens they hardly get respiratory illness as I have only 2 birds with me . Teetee ate some of the powdered feed I started when he facing sloe crop month ago he inhaled it I'm sure

Now the thing is he is active acting all good except when he's walking vocalise his voice I can hear his cough like congestion in his throat .
I listen his chest there's no sound all calm

Only his throat so I'm giving him Amoxicillin 250mg half cap .one time a day because my teetee recently recover from a chronic oral thrush so I'm not giving him high doses

I'm sure his weak immunity attract this . He had oral thrush for 6 months he Recovered 2 months ago so I'm bit worried 😅

Most common infectious diseases to cause respiratory infection symptoms are Mycoplasma Gallisepticum (MG or also known as Chronic Respiratory Disease), Coryza, or even Infectious Laryngotracheitis (ILV). I’ll tell you the unfortunate truth about respiratory infections in chickens- if you don’t believe me, look it up for yourself. Unfortunately, unlike us humans, antibiotics will never cure the disease of affected or exposed birds. All your infected birds will remain carriers for life, spreading the diseases to non-infected birds through feces. If you introduce new birds to your existing flock, the newbies will become infected. If you hatch eggs, MG passes through eggs into the chick, if it survives. Most, of not, all poultry respiratory diseases are reportable to all 50 USA states. You must maintain a closed flock. No birds out, no new birds in. Do not sell nor give away eggs to be hatched. Your other option is to cull your entire flock and disinfect everything. Your infected bird(s) will remain immune-comprimised for life. It’ll resurface within times of stress. Here’s more information about the MOST COMMON disease in backyard flocks: http://www.gapoultrylab.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Mycoplasma handout for Backyard Flocks 4-12.pdf
I love GA Poultry Lab. That's where I send my birds for necropsy.

So question - if you dont mind - say you get a new bird that has previously had MG/MS but you dont know it... you quarentine them for 30 days but they're asymptomatic and you bring them into your flock... then your whole flock could get it, yeah? So youd technically never know if your birds were positive unless you had a test done?

I love GA Poultry Lab. That's where I send my birds for necropsy.

So question - if you dont mind - say you get a new bird that has previously had MG/MS but you dont know it... you quarentine them for 30 days but they're asymptomatic and you bring them into your flock... then your whole flock could get it, yeah? So youd technically never know if your birds were positive unless you had a test done?
I don't have any new bird my birds are pet chickens we live in home and completely clean environment they eat all clean stuff good Organic feed I make sure they have plenty of good stuff :)

Teetee saying hi to all

Attachments

• IMG20201118092920.jpg
    IMG20201118092920.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom