Antibiotics - read me before administering.

Oh yikes - option 3 I suppose! Probably not a bad one if you have the stomach.
So.. I got in touch with a poultry Dr at a poultry lab. We don't have poultry vets around here unfortunately. Anyway, he does not believe (given the symptoms, the issue being localized, and how long his has occurred) that my roo has Coryza. YAY! He did recommend LA 200 1ml x lb. Just thought I would share.

So.. I got in touch with a poultry Dr at a poultry lab. We don't have poultry vets around here unfortunately. Anyway, he does not believe (given the symptoms, the issue being localized, and how long his has occurred) that my roo has Coryza. YAY! He did recommend LA 200 1ml x lb. Just thought I would share.
Glad you were able to consult a vet!
What's that dosing of the LA200 again? Are you missing a decimal point?

Glad you were able to consult a vet!
What's that dosing of the LA200 again? Are you missing a decimal point?
Yeah I forgot to put the pounds in the other post.. oops! He told me 1 ML per 5 lbs. Once, and than again in 3 days if needed. I gave it to him last night sq. He is fine today except he isn't crowing like he normally does lol. Other than that he is good.

Yeah I forgot to put the pounds in the other post.. oops! He told me 1 ML per 5 lbs. Once, and than again in 3 days if needed. I gave it to him last night sq. He is fine today except he isn't crowing like he normally does lol. Other than that he is good.
That sounds better!
Hope he starts to recover now.

I dont use any. I believe it can become a vicious cycle. The more antibiotic the weaker the family of fowl which in turn makes one use more antibiotic. Alot of if not most respiratory issues for example are the result of bedding and or ventilation issues. Pay attention to the why's, be proactive instead of reactive. Wormers and corid too. Instead of being reactive be proactive like providing a dry, clean environment. I speak from experience to. Living in south Louisiana I deal with wet conditions pretty often. It's not like I live in a desert and preaching about wet.

I dont use any. I believe it can become a vicious cycle. The more antibiotic the weaker the family of fowl which in turn makes one use more antibiotic. Alot of if not most respiratory issues for example are the result of bedding and or ventilation issues. Pay attention to the why's, be proactive instead of reactive. Wormers and corid too. Instead of being reactive be proactive like providing a dry, clean environment. I speak from experience to. Living in south Louisiana I deal with wet conditions pretty often. It's not like I live in a desert and preaching about wet.
Well, he free ranges all day and does not sleep in a coop. He sleeps on a roost in the run which is open other than the roof. He gets lots of airflow. I clean my coops every week and currently use mini pine shavings. I am not sure what else I can do better as far as that is concerned. I know giving them medications is not the best options at times but he has had this issue for months and it has not cleared on its own. To me, this was the best course of action for him at this point.

I like using colloidal silver as it works on bacterial , fungal and viral
It doesn’t cause harm to the birds or to us humans
With that being said I don’t keep my eggs from any birds that have been feeling unwell
They go straight in the garbage
Do you know if it's safe to eat chickens that have been fed colloidal silver? I'm considering giving it to my Cornish cross.

I use silver myself so I would think so
It’s a natural antibiotic you get a health food stores or online
Yeah, I take it now and then also. Just something I'm unsure of. I don't want anyone to get sick on my behalf. Obviously I'm not planning on giving them gallons of it, just a bit to boost their little immune systems. I already give them kombucha 😄. Thanks for the reply! Thinking through this and came across your post.

Back
Top Bottom