Antibiotics will soon require vet prescription

I'm an RN too. Good thing you have a mom who can be your advocate! You do sound quite special, sorry to hear about your Graves Disease diagnosis:( I don't take my children to the doctor every time they have a sore throat or have a cold. They think I'm uncaring, just the opposite, I'm protecting them from over prescribing!!
Back when I was getting these antibiotics, it was my father who was bringing me to the doctors because my mom was always working... She was working in trauma and ER and did 7 pm to 7 am. She could barely call us because she was so busy. I don't do any meds not even OTC now and I've been quite healthy besides graves, but I had my thyroid removed.

People don't realize using medications constantly will create an immunity to them or an allergy. I try to use colloidal silver, elderberry syrup, and other holistic things my Dr has recommended. My DH uses nothing besides Tylenol for headaches, he doesn't want to end up like me.

I know people use antibiotics for chickens for certain diseases, but I don't think the antibiotics truly help them they just alleviate symptoms. I might be wrong...

I do know that some people use antibiotics for when their chickens are attacked by dogs and wildlife because infections aren't rare from animal attacks.

I've never had a situation where I've had to use antibiotics on my chickens so I'm curious to see what people use them for.

Me either, I've only used Corid, which worked within 24hrs! Your mom and I have a lot in common, I did 7am to 7pm in the ICU for 18yrs. Now I work at 4am to noon, I'm the charge nurse in a dialysis unit. I have Fishmox (amoxicillin) 500mg on hand just in case of an emergency. I live outside of Milwaukee, no poultry vet for at least 35mi away. I have "secret" chickens....shhhhh. ( I ok'd it with my neighbors first)

I know people use antibiotics for chickens for certain diseases, but I don't think the antibiotics truly help them they just alleviate symptoms. I might be wrong...
It depends on what the disease is. If caught soon enough, and the correct medications are used, blackhead (histomoniasis) can be treated.

What can it be treated with? Just want to add to my notes.
This is another hot topic (banned medications), but to treat it one needs to use one medication to treat the actual histomoniasis and another to treat the secondary E.coli. Those medications are enrofloxacin and metronidazole, both are banned for use in poultry.

Thankfully have a small supply of many did use some corid brought home birds from Auction they where in the grow out 2 weeks opened the door first one sneezed crap. I am hobby farmer now I have a flock for eggs to sell the only one not sneezing I used corid on entire coop riding myself of sneezers fast put down first and only time I have used meds on them

Thankfully have a small supply of many did use some corid brought home birds from Auction they where in the grow out 2 weeks opened the door first one sneezed crap. I am hobby farmer now I have a flock for eggs to sell the only one not sneezing I used corid on entire coop riding myself of sneezers fast put down first and only time I have used meds on them
What?

Very hard to understand your posts.

Back
Top Bottom