Antique Book(s)

jrjoplin

Songster
Jul 18, 2015
Bridge Creek, OK
I’ve found quite a few at library sales but usually not that old mostly around the 1920s or newer. Every once and awhile you’ll find something older but it’s rare. I do well at estate sales and auctions. Boxes of books for a couple of bucks, there’s a lot of trash but the odd treasure makes it worth it. I limit my collection to homesteading, housekeeping, and cookbooks (though I don’t try many of the recipes). Poultry books are always a treat to come across.

HomesteaderWife

Crowing
Apr 24, 2015
Alabama
I for the most part find mine at thrift stores or occasionally tucked in a flea market booth and they're struggling to sell it so they're under $10. Just picked up a few weeks ago:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Blue-F...-1st-Edition-1902-Good-Condition/114052162875

However with lack of interest and the cover condition I will be keeping it, as to be honest it was beautiful to read parts of it- a great work. I listed high so that if it didn't sell, I wouldn't be hurt to keep it ;)
I was particularly fascinated that it had the stamp of the book store it was bought from- the store being open the year this book was published (1902).

HomesteaderWife

Crowing
Apr 24, 2015
Alabama
Not considered an antique, but nonetheless (even without the complete set) I still picked this book up yesterday because of the amazing amount of art, poetry, and nursery rhymes within:

IMG_3697.jpg
IMG_3698.jpg
IMG_3699.jpg
IMG_3700.jpg

Top Bottom