Antique Incubator

Hi GG,
Is it made in Texas?Like I said before my brother has one similar to yours,but he bought it from a lady and her husband had bought it in Texas many years ago.Her husband died this past fall and never told her who made it.He told my brother years ago who made it,but he to forgot.All he could remember is it was built in Texas.I think his holds 600 chicken eggs.
In N.H.,Tony.

I agree the cabinet alone is worth $100.00. If it works that is even better.
smile.png

Quote:
This one was made by American Lincoln Incubator Co. in New Brunswick N.J. So it sounds like a different brand. I have the whole catalog here and the letter from the company that came with the incubator when it was new in 1949.

I'm excited to see if it works... but I don't think I'll be setting in it this year considering that it has a 2,400 egg capacity
big_smile.png
I don't think my 9 girls will be able to fill her up. But we're hoping to move to our forever farm next year, at which point we can start expanding the flock in a big way and perhaps eventually be able to fill up one tray in a week's time.

I did realize after looking at the catalog that it's missing the crank to turn the turners. I'm hoping we can rig something up, otherwise maybe we can get one from that person you supplied the link for earlier.

I'm so excited about this purchase!

Quote:
Thanks for making me feel good about my purchase! But let's hope we don't need to sell it anytime soon considering the thing weighs approximately 750lbs according to the catalog.

Hi,

I ran across this thread because someone is selling a wooden Lincoln incubator near me so I am researching them. I don't know what they are worth. Did you ever get pictures of the one you bought? Thanks for any help you can provide.
smile.png

Matt

First of all,
welcome-byc.gif

I thought I had some photos, but I can't seem to find them anywhere on my computer. It's been been disassembled since our move and is in storage in our barn until we get a ton more chickens. Four people came before us wanting to purchase it from the seller, but none of them could move it. We ended up having to take out his basement stairs and rig a pulley with a truck at the other end to get it out of this guy's house.

Because nobody else could move it, we got it for $100.

Do you know what model you're looking at? I could give you all the specs from the old American Lincoln catalog.

Hi,

I ran across this thread because someone is selling a wooden Lincoln incubator near me so I am researching them. I don't know what they are worth. Did you ever get pictures of the one you bought? Thanks for any help you can provide.
smile.png

Matt

Thanks for the welcome! I've been a BYC lurker for some time but I finally joined officially. I'm trying to get more details from the seller on the model, size, weight, etc. Apparently they are selling it on behalf of "grandma" and don't know much about it. So far, my experience is similar to yours it seems! How did you find the catalog? I've googled lincoln incubator and came up nothing other than this thread. Here are two pic's they posted on CL:

That one looks to be just about the same size as mine. But mine has just a small round viewing window vs. your big full-length one. I would bet that the one you're looking at is a more "modern" version of mine. The catalog was in the incubator when I bought it, along with a bunch of other paperwork. Here's the page about my model. Let me know if you decide to get it. I can scan the operating instructions for you.

Back
Top Bottom