Antique tool people, I have a question

houndit

There is no H or F in Orpington!
14 Years
Jul 13, 2008
Braymer Missouri
It seems a little odd to ask this here on a chicken forum, but I did not know where to find out. I was going through some stuff in the garage the other day, and I found some old drills. Passed down from my Grandfather I believe. I looked at them. They seem to be in working order, but I do not know anything about them. Do they have any monetary value right now?

13107_od5.jpg

13107_od2.jpg

13107_od1.jpg

13107_od4.jpg

Just curious.
Thanks!

Around here it would depend on what farm auction you were at as to what they would bring. Here they generally don't go for more than $5-10, but I"m sure it varies where you're at what they're worth. We've got several in the farm shop.....I think they're neat because they were my husband's dad and grandfather's.

They might be worth a little more here on the West Coast. I would keep an eye on both E-bay and on craigslist for current prices.

Just looked at the pictures again, the last one is a "Belly brace" and worth more, around $15.00 and up at auction. Also look for names as good name brands will always bring more money. "Keen Kutter, E. C. Simmons, Plumb, Etc are all good names as are any tools made by famous gun makers "Remington, Colt, Winchester, etc.
Hope that helps, tools aren't my speciality.

LOVE my tools I inherited from Dad and various granddads. The batteries never run down and no flappy upper arms, thanks to them!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom