Antiques- need help

ChooksinChoppers

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 24, 2011
Ocala, Florida.
Not sure if this is an antique or not.....but I am moving soon and want to sell it. Any ideas of 1. what to call it? 2.what it might be worth?
It has 2 cupboards ...the left one has a slide out silverwear drawer and the 2 drawers in the center I would think are meant for linens. The wood inlay at the top and bottom seem to be hand carved of two seperate wood types.
The right cupboard is locked and I cant open it or pick the lock....who knows whats in there
lol.png

Thankyou for your help
Buffet1.jpg

detail.jpg

CloseupDetail.jpg

It's called a buffet or a sideboard. A skeleton key should open it. If you decide to sell it I would suggest you do so through a reputable auction house, preferably one with a low commision or none at all. Very pretty.

ETA: I know a very good, very reputable auctioneer, but he lives in Palm Bay; a bit too far from LeHigh Acres.

Last edited:
Quote:
no problem...please send me a link if possible

Sorry he doesn't have a website anymore, but you can call his business phone and see if he is currently running auctions. I will PM you with his contact information. He's the best in the business.

Yes, it's a buffett, made somewhere between 1920 and 1940. Most refer to them as "Depression Era". In our area, in the current condition, it would bring around $75.00 in the auction (Which is wholesale), and around $300.00 to $400.00 retail in our store. In a bigger city it would bring more maybe. It would also be worth more if the rest of the suite was present (Table, chairs, china hutch, possibly a server or silver stand). If that "stripe" on the front is inlay work like it looks.... the value goes up.
wink.png

I would sooooo be opening that cuppord! Could be something good in there...
celebrate.gif

Now you need to open it and tell us what was in it... Go on! Hurry up!
barnie.gif
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom