ANXIETY OVERLOAD!! 😳

Pics

LizzzyJo

Show me the data 👩🏼‍🔬
5 Years
Dec 14, 2018
The Great Black Swamp, Ohio
Ahhhhh!!! Today is day 21 for my first broody and I can’t handle it!!!!

She has a sectioned off area. She has a baby waterer and chick starter.

I am wearing a line in the super dry grass from the house to the coop - walking out there so fast every 10 minutes it’s about to set fire.:wee:fl:celebrate:jumpy

I know a million things can go wrong. This was not a planned event, but I’ve done my best to accommodate her.

How does everyone handle this waiting game when you’re not in charge!?!??

This was me last week! My broody was sitting on 6 eggs and I spent more time than I’d like to admit watching her on the nest. I even ran out there in the middle of the night to check on her! Luckily my day was pretty busy, so I had other stuff to focus on, but I did get to see one chick hatch.

1A234C66-40A6-4CEF-9D7E-72666544F99E.jpeg
This pic is from yesterday. She now has an appropriate chick waterer and feeder. Excuse the mess! I clean around her every few days. But she bites like a monster if I get too close.

Last edited:
I’ve taken to just going out and asking her outloud ‘what do you need!?’ And pacing back in the house - it’s like 90 outside.

i feel like a nervous new dad in the waiting room! 🤣

Trust me: The best you can do is not to go there at all, as each time you go near or into the coop you disturb the hatching process. Just take a nice long walk with the dog and leave her alone.

Back
Top Bottom