ANXIETY OVERLOAD!! 😳

I honestly usually forget when they're due and will come down to just see babies. Then I check when I let them out and again when I put them away, just enough to make sure there aren't any dead ones and get rid of them (my hens don't ever get rid of bodies like I hear about some hens doing)

Awesome! How many of the 6 hatched? Mines on 8.
Only two did. Two didn’t develop at all, so I had to toss them, then after two hatched, she abandoned the other eggs. When I candled them, one had died about halfway through, and the other is an olive egg, so I can’t tell what happened with it.

I’m happy with the two we got, it means I don’t have to sell any chicks!

Only two did. Two didn’t develop at all, so I had to toss them, then after two hatched, she abandoned the other eggs. When I candled them, one had died about halfway through, and the other is an olive egg, so I can’t tell what happened with it.

I’m happy with the two we got, it means I don’t have to sell any chicks!
I feel the same way. If I get two I’ll call it a success. Either way I’ve found it to be a wonderful learning experience.

I feel the same way. If I get two I’ll call it a success. Either way I’ve found it to be a wonderful learning experience.
I completely agree! They aren’t even a week old and I’m excited for the next time. You’ll have to post pictures when they finally make their appearance

I completely agree! They aren’t even a week old and I’m excited for the next time. You’ll have to post pictures when they finally make their appearance
Here’s my girl and her two babies
0918B78B-4016-424A-982E-B178D689C81A.jpeg

Please excuse the the poop! She wasn’t to excited about me cleaning the nest box, so I left it alone as much as could

Here’s my girl and her two babiesView attachment 2233354
Please excuse the the poop! She wasn’t to excited about me cleaning the nest box, so I left it alone as much as could
Adorable!!! I hope I get one that cute! A few minutes ago I had the opportunity to peek in from another angle without her knowing and I saw a little pip hole!!!! Ahhh!!

Back
Top Bottom