Any Advice, My Pullet is all Scrunched Up, PLEASE HELP

Kimmi500

Songster
7 Years
Apr 3, 2012
Fredericksburg, VA
Hi All,
I just got this little pullet (8 month old Partridge Bantam Cochin) over the weekend. Since she has been home, she pretty much stays all scrunched up. She seems to stay by herself and sleep, even when she is outside. She will stand up and get out of your way if your in the pen, as seems to walk, run ok. I saw her nibbling at food and drinking this morning. I put some apple cider vinegar in the water. She doesn't seem to have any injuries or mites. I know right before I got her, a dog got into her pen and killed her sister. Then, the next day she and her roo and other hen were delivered to me. The roo and the other hen were also in the pen when the dog attacked, but they are ok. I am hoping this is just a stress issue, but I am still new to chickens. So, if any of you have seen this before, or know how I can help her, that would be great.
Thanks so much,
Kim

If no.breathing trouble etc.....then it Could be either coccidia or worms. stress could be a factor....but since she ce from another place I would give Corid..a cattle swine med to treat coccidia. I would also give.her a done of safeguard wormer...a pea sized dollop if the horse paste...1/2 cc if goat wormer liquid. Repeat in a few days. Keep her warm and isolated from the others..if they came from same place dose them too....keep food and vitamin water close to her....hope she improves.

She looks puffed up and not well. Whenever I have one of those I put them in a crate with food, water, and bedding and a heat lamp. When I get an adult chicken I always treat them with coccidiocide and wormer and check for lice and mites and isolate them for at least 30 days.

Back
Top Bottom