any advice on lockdown?

Last edited:
Thank you!! I will go there if I have an emergency :).Nothing yet but only on day 26, I'm getting so impatient agh!!!

The only reason I asked is if the one in my pic was an internal pip then shouldn't I expect to see something by now?

The impatience is just beginning! Lol! IF that was an internal pip, then yes, I would expect an external by now, but it could have just been pressed against the membrane. Do you think it had broken through?

Haha!! I have no idea, I'm completely new to this but the shadow was rounded, would it be more pointy if it was an internal pip?

Its really hard to say. Its just so hard to tell from a picture, I thought maybe you might have a gut feeling from actually looking at it, if it were broken through or not.

Chickens do tend to be more pointy, and more obvious. Ducks are quacky. haha... laugh! LOL Seriously, I'm going to look at your pic again.

So I assume no external pips yet? Has it been 48 hours yet since you noticed the possible internal pip?

Last edited:
No I don't I'm afraid :-(. It has been 48hours, no external pips, it's day 26 now. I can't and haven't heard any noise from any of the eggs at all.

It does kinda look like a shadow in there. But it is also still early. But these are runners, right? And I think typically runners hatch a little sooner?

Ok, so your options are to continue to wait -- OR -- pull an egg and candle again. Tap and look for movement. And look for internal pips and drawdown of the air cell.

70% is good on the humidity.

Oh really?! I hadn't heard that about runners. Oh no I don't know what to do. If I open the incubator to candle might it risk none of them hatching?

Back
Top Bottom