Any artists out there?

otgw stuff
otgw.png
greg.png

"Data Corruption"

When I unwrapped this canvas I noticed the top rail was warped (malformed). My brain, being the random thought generator it is, jumped from that to "malformed packets", which basically is data which has somehow been corrupted in transmission. Then the random brain generator went "Hmm. Wonder what corrupted data would look like in real time if you could see it", and the 5 year old inner child in my brain said "MAKE IT INSANE COLORS!"

And well, here we are. 20x20 acrylic on canvas.
View attachment 2892118
You are such a geek. Never change.
A gnome, a child, a pilgrim, a bluebird, and SCROOGE (honestly if I identify any of these correct I’d be surprised.) But they’re lovely. What is otgw?

You are such a geek. Never change.

A gnome, a child, a pilgrim, a bluebird, and SCROOGE (honestly if I identify any of these correct I’d be surprised.) But they’re lovely. What is otgw?
Over The Garden Wall. It was run on Cartoon Network several years ago (I can't remember how many, exactly... nor can I remember too much about the special itself).

"Data Corruption"

When I unwrapped this canvas I noticed the top rail was warped (malformed). My brain, being the random thought generator it is, jumped from that to "malformed packets", which basically is data which has somehow been corrupted in transmission. Then the random brain generator went "Hmm. Wonder what corrupted data would look like in real time if you could see it", and the 5 year old inner child in my brain said "MAKE IT INSANE COLORS!"

View attachment 2892118

love it!
reminds me of the art style in a show called madoka magica
the way they portray witches in the show is incredibly artistic, almost chaotic, constantly moving and contorting
heres an example:
1636474933998.png

"Data Corruption"

View attachment 2892118
Oh that is fantastic! It does take a special kind of brain to draw patterns and make composition like this. I used to see stuff like this as a kid when I tried to sleep (hypnagogic hallucinations) but I'll be damned I ever tried to capture the brilliance on canvas. I love how layered/textured it is and the mix of splotchy, feathered/bleeding areas of colour with crisp clean lines and use of negative space.

Back
Top Bottom