Any artists out there?

I got another painting done. This time it’s Phil, my disabled Polish hen that had to be put down a couple weeks ago. I painted over an older canvas that I didn’t like anymore (actually, I never liked it in the first place lol), so it made the early stages a bit more difficult than normal.
View attachment 2977301
Do you sand and gesso when you paint over older canvas or just go for it?

I got another painting done. This time it’s Phil, my disabled Polish hen that had to be put down a couple weeks ago. I painted over an older canvas that I didn’t like anymore (actually, I never liked it in the first place lol), so it made the early stages a bit more difficult than normal.
View attachment 2977301
That is lovely, and I’m so sorry for your loss. I lost my disabled pullet on my birthday about three years ago, I feel you. :hugs

This is the art I completed for my part of the adoption process.
(I made quite a few of my sketches YCH bases.) F0DC7D60-15DE-4B46-B9B7-A7FA6A68449E.jpeg F06A51A3-DA31-4AE2-BE31-9766F5A7F43A.jpeg
I adopted my first official character art adopt! Her name is Momoka, or Momo for short! ( A Japanese name meaning peach tree).View attachment 2977240

Working on my painting and I used to be able to whip out a landscape in acrylic (or digitally, for that matter) in about five minutes flat.

Four days later and I STILL can't get the clouds to look like clouds. I think I'm just going to paint over the entire sky again with blue and start over >:[. And then either no clouds or do a different method for the clouds.

I'm used to painting on larger canvasses, this one's only 9"x12", maybe that's what's throwing me off...

Back
Top Bottom