Any artists out there?

I could not find the Pic I wanted to post. This is a treefrog painting I did for a show. the tree is purposely left washed out and not detailed much to keep the focus on the frog and the shadow is minimal because of the angle of the light, but where there is shadow it is represented by fairly subtle darkening of the colors and the deep shadow under the body that help the frog look like it is 3D. I don't know how helpful this is since it is color and supposed to be very bright light but I hop it shows the idea that the shading can go outside of the picture, or at least the main subject of the picture.View attachment 2362147
That, Is, WONDERFUL!
You have major painting talent!

@RoosterWhisperer here’s the concept sketch. I used sunset colors as inspiration. I used the base of my adolescent eastern dragon, so the antlers are smaller than a full grown dragon’s are. I can maybe pull more yellow and orange stripes into the white body, but it’s late and I wanted to get something posted

View attachment 2362011
@Twizzler, would It be too much to remove the chin beards?

Last edited:
I could not find the Pic I wanted to post. This is a treefrog painting I did for a show. the tree is purposely left washed out and not detailed much to keep the focus on the frog and the shadow is minimal because of the angle of the light, but where there is shadow it is represented by fairly subtle darkening of the colors and the deep shadow under the body that help the frog look like it is 3D. I don't know how helpful this is since it is color and supposed to be very bright light but I hop it shows the idea that the shading can go outside of the picture, or at least the main subject of the picture.View attachment 2362147
That's impressive! At first glance I thought I was a photograph!

Peeking over Fence.gif
Just peeking in to see the artwork! What a fun thread! How many people are participating in Inktober here?

jaw-drop-smiley-emoticon.gif
Wooooow! That's incredible! There are some seriously incredible artists in here!

View attachment 2362841 Just peeking in to see the artwork! What a fun thread! How many people are participating in Inktober here?
I'm not doing inktober this year cause it turns out the creator was an art thief
:( and a lot of people aren't supporting him anymore
There are lots of similar alternatives though, I haven't got around to drawing anything because of schoolwork and procrastination. :rolleyes:

I'm not doing inktober this year cause it turns out the creator was an art thief
:( and a lot of people aren't supporting him anymore
There are lots of similar alternatives though, I haven't got around to drawing anything because of schoolwork and procrastination. :rolleyes:

Oh no! Well I don't know that I'm actually supporting him anyway. My doodles haven't gone any further than my Facebook profile. I was really just using it for prompt words. I didn't even look any deeper into it. :oops:

Back
Top Bottom