Any artists out there?

Just chilling after getting health finished....
loungelizardf.gif

I am hoping to sketch a figure skater tonight!

Here’s a piece I’m actually proud of...
View attachment 2498451
probably wasn’t a good idea to seal this with acrylic spray when it has my horrible cursive on it
Oh well.
First of all, that handwriting is way better than mine! Take it as a compliment! And two, that is the BEST one yet! I love doves!

First of all, that handwriting is way better than mine! Take it as a compliment! And two, that is the BEST one yet! I love doves!
Thanks!
Those are lovely! :love
Such affection I see in these "lovebirds!"
Such clean lines and no eraser marks, how do you do it?
Oh, I definitely use an eraser... but I have fancy drawing paper so that might be part of it? First, I draw two vague pear shapes over the branch and add where the wings and head and feet might be with sketchy lines. Then I draw more lines and fix anything out of place. I add a bit more detail so everything has shape and a place to go. Then I add the feather detail, then the face detail and the feet, and then I shade. I drew most of the first bird before I even drew part of the second bird. I don't know what that says about me, but I find it helps me focus. If I'm trying to draw two at once my focus is scattered.
That’s amazing, Amer :O
It’s so realistic :eek:
Thanks! I think so too!

Oh, I definitely use an eraser... but I have fancy drawing paper so that might be part of it? First, I draw two vague pear shapes over the branch and add where the wings and head and feet might be with sketchy lines. Then I draw more lines and fix anything out of place. I add a bit more detail so everything has shape and a place to go. Then I add the feather detail, then the face detail and the feet, and then I shade. I drew most of the first bird before I even drew part of the second bird. I don't know what that says about me, but I find it helps me focus. If I'm trying to draw two at once my focus is scattered.
Wow, you are impressive!
What kind of paper?
I myself am not too skilled at doing more than one bird on a branch, my sister once drew four parrots on a branch, very good!

Wow, you are impressive!
What kind of paper?
I myself am not too skilled at doing more than one bird on a branch, my sister once drew four parrots on a branch, very good!
Uhhhh... My friend got me a large cloth-bound notebook. I don’t really know what kind of paper it is.

Back
Top Bottom