Any artists out there?

Actually, I got hurt at work, and was out for a month. I learned that with worsted weight, I can knock out a hat, 6-8hrs, gloves about 12. Baby blankets about 16, and sweaters…. About 45. Doesn’t really matter what design. Never tried lace. That’s the greatest thing about knitting, once you get the muscle memory, it literally is two stitches just depends on where you put them.
Believe me or not, but I taught myself out of a little pamphlet, just figured it was useful stuff for the memory palace…. Lots of junk up there
:D Oh I believe you. I taught myself initially from a tiny book, I had to look really hard at how the lines were drawn to figure out what they were showing.

I've made a worsted weight sweater before... learned while making it I was allergic to alpaca. So I only ever wore it twice. But I really liked it.

This is the most recent thing I made, and dyed myself with tumeric. It is lace, and took me about 50 hours of actual knitting time. Gave it to my sister because what am I to do with a pretty thing like that lol. I lean more toward practical than pretty.

Other than that I've been stuck making mittens and hats for my kids and I guess I've lost the desire to knit because they always lose them.

Attachments

• 20201229_190040_HDR_medium2.jpg
    20201229_190040_HDR_medium2.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 10
:D Oh I believe you. I taught myself initially from a tiny book, I had to look really hard at how the lines were drawn to figure out what they were showing.

I've made a worsted weight sweater before... learned while making it I was allergic to alpaca. So I only ever wore it twice. But I really liked it.

This is the most recent thing I made, and dyed myself with tumeric. It is lace, and took me about 50 hours of actual knitting time. Gave it to my sister because what am I to do with a pretty thing like that lol. I lean more toward practical than pretty.

Other than that I've been stuck making mittens and hats for my kids and I guess I've lost the desire to knit because they always lose them.
That is gorgeous. Wear it on the town!

that’s why you have keep knitting! replace the lost ones…

My friends always ask for stuff, I never make it, unless I need a gift. Always tell them the old give a man, teach a man…

I’ve been going through this string checking out some art 537 pages!!! WOW. I guess I came way late to the game. There is some amazing stuff in those pages. I like to look at peoples styles. There’s so many mediums. That’s what I love about art. It’s all a matter of interpretation. Like the art teachers said the only person who sees the mistakes are you. It’s a good way to look at it.
Thank you, that is so true my friend! :highfive: .

I draw mainly dragons, birds, and some anime. :).

That is gorgeous. Wear it on the town!

that’s why you have keep knitting! replace the lost ones…

My friends always ask for stuff, I never make it, unless I need a gift. Always tell them the old give a man, teach a man…
Funny thing is my sister knits too. She's all about colorwork mittens though. :D I may just have to knit some more mittens this year, if ever I get finished jarring jam.

Back
Top Bottom