Any artists out there?

*Casually clogs the thread with more equines...*
Last one, I swear. :oops:
Maybe...

@CrazyCochin I think I have the basics of head shape down...

image.jpg

But could use some assistance figuring out the anatomy of the rest of the body.

image.jpg

*Casually clogs the thread with more equines...*
Last one, I swear. :oops:
Maybe...

@CrazyCochin I think I have the basics of head shape down...

View attachment 2884855

But could use some assistance figuring out the anatomy of the rest of the body.

View attachment 2884856
Well, what works for me (and I’m not saying it works for everyone else, but I can draw a pretty rad horse) is to lean heavily on a reference. Don’t draw just the head or any detail first or you’ll find yourself trying to draw a body to fit the head, which never works. Just give the head shapes.
Do the top parts of all the legs, then the middle parts, then the bottom parts then the wrist looking things then the hooves (I know, real technical anatomy right there) it helps doing all the same part at once, working down, first drawing blobs then going back up and refining them.
Now comes detail, detailing left to right (so you don’t smudge the paper.)
Finally, shading.
I’m bad at explaining.

or you could just copy a my little pony if that’s the style you’re going for.

Well, what works for me (and I’m not saying it works for everyone else, but I can draw a pretty rad horse) is to lean heavily on a reference. Don’t draw just the head or any detail first or you’ll find yourself trying to draw a body to fit the head, which never works. Just give the head shapes.
Do the top parts of all the legs, then the middle parts, then the bottom parts then the wrist looking things then the hooves (I know, real technical anatomy right there) it helps doing all the same part at once, working down, first drawing blobs then going back up and refining them.
Finally, shading.
I’m bad at explaining.

Thank you!! :bow

Finally, shading.
I’m bad at explaining.

Here's one I did attempting to follow this

(Ignore the foal in the bottom left, was playing with proportions for him.)

148ED12A-D2DA-477B-85B2-B78110DBFF2D.jpeg

Looking for painting ideas.
Taking my supplies over to my grandmother's house tonight as I'll be staying until Friday afternoon.
I always have a hard time falling asleep so I like to busy myself with something. Painting will give me something to do until I'm tired enough to fall asleep.

Here's one I did attempting to follow this

(Ignore the foal in the bottom left, was playing with proportions for him.)

View attachment 2886289
Better. For shading follow a reference more. You’d be surprised by how shiny horses are. Some dark horses will have almost-white patches just because of how the light bounces off them.

Back
Top Bottom