Any artists out there?

my tablet is finally here!!! anyone have any digital art tips and tricks?
I'd recommend you get to know your tablet and preferred art app before you start (YouTube is a lifesaver!). Test everything! It helps so much to know time-saving shortcuts, like clipping layers and tone curves, and how to access pen settings.

If your tablet has pen pressure, test out different pressure settings. Make sure you're not having to push too hard, because you'll end up damaging the tablet and pen tips.

And don't worry too much about being able to draw perfectly on your tablet straight away, because it'll take a while to get used to how it feels and find the settings that fit.

Good luck!

ah 👍🏽
I don’t have experience with Samsung products but I’m sure there’s videos out there to get you started with digital art on your tablet.
OK thank you! You use procreate right? Would you say it's worth getting?
I'd recommend you get to know your tablet and preferred art app before you start (YouTube is a lifesaver!). Test everything! It helps so much to know time-saving shortcuts, like clipping layers and tone curves, and how to access pen settings.

If your tablet has pen pressure, test out different pressure settings. Make sure you're not having to push too hard, because you'll end up damaging the tablet and pen tips.

And don't worry too much about being able to draw perfectly on your tablet straight away, because it'll take a while to get used to how it feels and find the settings that fit.

Good luck!
Thank you, much appreciated :)

Oof. Just realized it's an apple thing. Oh well, I guess I'll have to scout out something else :(
I know ibis Paint X should be available to you, I think its fairly equivalent to Procreate? @TamingMaster uses it to draw, so if you need insight I’d ask them. There’s also Sketchbook which I think is pretty good for beginners. I used it when I first began digital art.

I know ibis Paint X should be available to you, I think its fairly equivalent to Procreate? @TamingMaster uses it to draw, so if you need insight I’d ask them. There’s also Sketchbook which I think is pretty good for beginners. I used it when I first began digital art.
oh gosh really appreciate this!! thank you!!
I use IbisPaintX. So, if you need any help, feel free to ask away!

You can also try MediBang, if you're not keen on the layout of Ibis or Sketchbook. But, I found it to be slower on Android tablets.

Still wet and flowing a bit but it's got potential.
20220111_164129.jpg

Back
Top Bottom