Any Border Collies out there?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by chickenmum, Jan 31, 2009.

1. chickenmum

chickenmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2008
    Who else on here has Border Collie(s)? We have one named Todd. He is black and white and licking himself.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  2. Jena

Jena The Welsh Witch

Nov 2, 2008
    Cardiff
    Hi Chickenmum,

I have a black and white Border Collie,

His name is Llewellyn (last welsh Prince), and he is wonderful.

Jena.

3. legacyln

legacyln Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    Jefferson City, MO
    I have a 4 1/2 year old BC named Maverick that is a great dog but has some typical BC quirks. He is OBSESSED with balls and also plays on his own outside with sticks and tree limbs, to the detriment of his teeth (premature wear).

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=116401&p=3 (Page down to the bottom of the page)

4. Mountain Man Jim

Mountain Man Jim Chillin' With My Peeps

Here's a pic of Molly (she's on the right;)).

[​IMG]

Molly is a Brittney/Border Collie mutt. It seems to be a great mixture. She has the sensitive elements of a Brittney with the smarts and agility of the Border collie. She has earned the nickname SB for Sweetie Baby [​IMG] Now, it she could just stop nipping at the other dogs ....

Jim

5. buck-wild-chick

buck-wild-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Hamilton C. FL
    I have a B-C named Desi. We got her from the pound when my previous border collie passed away. Desi is about 6-7 yrs old now.

[​IMG]

6. briarpatchfarms

briarpatchfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Grayson, Ky
    We have 2 5 week old pups ones Blue and White and the other is Black and White both girl havent named them yet!

7. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    I have one, named Madison. She is one of the most faithful dogs I've ever had.

However, she is also a suspected "chicken sport killer," and has been implicated in at least one of the horrid Chicken Massacres here at TizNotta Farm.

With even the "best" dog, do not turn your back.

8. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    my gram takes care of my sisters while she is in college, her name is Sanka (Cool Runnings reference). Before my sister left Sanka thought she was human I swear. She once ate an entire apple pie off the table while we were at church. She rides in tractors, the combine, the atv and the truck with my dad. Oh and she goes sledding with us.

9. Brunty_Farms

Brunty_Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2007
    Ohio
    Here is our new addition Riley. He is a Blue Merle Border Collie. The coolest part about him our his eyes, They are an Icy Blue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Jena

Jena The Welsh Witch

Nov 2, 2008
    Cardiff
    Beautiful Boy,

they are amazing and crazy dogs.

I love them.

Jena.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by