Any Border Collies out there?

Ours comes up when I feed and goes into the isle of the chicken house and he can go around round round round, we used to have sheep, but not anymore. In dog years he's probably like, 63, maybe?

Here's my Target dog. Mom was a Beagle and Dad was a Border Collie.
kidstuff085.jpg

We have one. Connor is black and white. Although on is papers he is listed as a tri color.
Used to do agility with him but he took a bad fall and hurt his hips/back. He is now 8 years old. We have had him since he was a few months old. It's odd looking at him and seeing the grey hairs on his face and head.

Very loyal and super protective of his pack(us) and his property. Great with the chickens and rabbits. Only herds the cats.
wink.png

He makes several security runs a night. He sleeps in the living room. Either on the floor in front of the radiator on his blankets or on the couch when we arent home or are sleeping. He comes up the stairs and hangs out on the landing for a bit then goes back down. Every time he goes out he circles the coop/run and marks them. Havent had one problem with the neighborhood raccoon.

He's a little crazy. Hearing is definitely going. Eye sight not as good as it was and his back end hurts him when it gets cold despite the pain meds and supplements. But wow he is a great watch dog and a good friend

Yeah mine won't go down or up. I have to carry him to go upstairs to go to bed at night. He is like 16 weeks old and he is getting heavy. I hope he catches on soon.

If I take him half way up the stairs he will go up the rest. We are still working on going down.

We had a litter and the dam come into the local shelter and one pup that was given away come back, it'd been beat so badly, it died of internal wounds (from same ltter) and when I went to pick her up to retrain her to trust people again, the ACO & I found her dead. As we stood in shock, here comes a woman who had just adopted the last of the litter, bringing the pup back, said her akita pup was too big and too rough on this female pup. I brought that one home instead and have not yet found a home for her. My 19 y/o daughter named her Gezze, after the model Gezelle. She's black and white, crate trained, house trained and fast...did I mention fast? She needs to find a great home...I'll post a pic later today, am cleaning chick brooders (in the house) today. She's very gentle taking treats from your hand and not food aggressive, I train to ensure these things. She's still needing a bit of house training in regard to manners when left alone due to her age, but is very good in her crate. I'd sure like to find a loving home for her, she is used to our geese, ducks, chickens, dogs, cats...I don't allow her in w/the birds but she never bothers them from outside the fences. She is used to a chain link fence run and also tied outside to do her bathroom duties- not free roaming, and not a purely outside dog, she needs human companionship and to be part of the family. I've had her spayed, too, and am willing to ship.

Last edited:
I have a 10 yr old BC /Springer Spaniel. We found him when he was about 6 mos. in a storm drain at the video store. He's OBSESSED with females (even the spayed ones). He's also probably the most obedient dog I've ever had. I had to help him with some anger issues early on, but he's great now. His name is Shadow because the only place he's really happy is glued to me.

snowydiamonds, I wish we could take that pup. It is kind of tempting.... but I must resist!

We're thinking we will do rescue dogs in the future -- there's a great BC rescue group in Kansas City which is close to us.

They are very quirky and different from any other breed for sure. Ours is fine with our kids but he is not the buddy/snuggle -type that our kids would like, and he is really mostly in love with my husband. He does always act happy to see me, but DH is the apple of his eye. One thing that surprises people about him is that although he is hyper outside as expected, inside he is the mellowest and most well-mannered dog I've ever seen.

He is not afraid of anything besides storms. He's pretty submissive and not protective-- which is good for us since we want a dog who is friendly with visitors. He only herds balls, sticks, the four-wheeler and lawn mower (very annoying). Does anyone else have a BC who wants to stay in his crate all the time??? I have read it is a BC thing... he would rather sleep in the crate than hang out with us in the living room unless we're throwing his indoor ball to fetch.

Brunty_Farms that is an adorable pup! I love those merles.

I had always dreamed of owning a Border Collie and this dream was finally realized 6 months ago. We adopted a three year old guy named Gilligan. We are his 5th home. He is everything I hoped for and more. He is loyal, he is obedient, he is intelligent and protective. He is obsessive and somewhat of a loner. He can stare at the cat for a solid hour while only moving his eyes. He attacks the snowmobile, the swing, the lawnmower, the tractor just about anything if I'm on it. He is terrified of thunder. He walks my daughter to school and home. He rolls over and dances. He frequently gets headbutted by the goats. He is here to stay!

aherdinhd0.jpg

astaredownhk8.jpg

astaredownia6.jpg

astudentandherdogya0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom