any breeding projects?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Chickenrandomness, May 17, 2010.

1. i love to read about people's breeding projects! post them and pics here!

2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

This year I am going to be working on the MF Cochin project - have two cockerels and two pullets so far - need more [​IMG] And cause I just love cochins and bantams are small - I am starting a SL Bantam Cochin project - long, long way to go with it, since I am starting with hatchery stock.

I also have a mixed egg flock that I hatch from - using the pullets for eggs and cockerels for dinner.

Plus my Orpington project has birds growing, going to have an EE project and maybe Ameraucana project .

Maybe I can stay out of trouble with my fingers on all these "projects" [​IMG]

3. buckeyefever

buckeyefever Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2010
    Sunbury, OH
    I am too new with poultry right now, but my plan is to hopefully next year start Buckeye breeding. My brain is a sponge right now and I'm learning all I can. Would love to help this breed come back! Need to find some good stock.

4. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Working to improve my Lavender d'Uccles.
    And starting up on GoldNeck d'Uccles.
    And wanting to develope Butterscotch d'Uccles. [​IMG]

5. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    Working on improving Lavender Orpingtons, Blue Orpingtons, and Blue Laced Red wyandottes. Hope to be starting with Mille Fleur cochins as well.

6. morninggloryhatchery

morninggloryhatchery Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2009
    Wasilla
    I'm working on Silkies this year - Splash. Blue. and hopefully Lavender and Cuckoo:fl- . Then slowly start on BLRW next year

7. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Still working on my Silkies. Its been 2 years and so far ive seen lots of improvements. Very proud of the birds ive been raising. [​IMG]

8. trisha19

trisha19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2009
    Grassflat, Pa
    I am working with my silkies ( b/b/s, buff, and lavender) and starting a silkied easter egger project.

9. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    I'm going to be working on improving bantam mille fleur cochins, starting on LF mille fleur cochins and porcelain bantam cochins (both of which will take a loooooooong time, lol!). Esp. since I'm starting with eggs (set yesterday) instead of grown birds. [​IMG]

10. jeb251

jeb251 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    lavender orpingtons, and I will be starting an auto sexing project this summer

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by