Any BYC prospectors out there?

Depends on what options you want on it and what price range?
I use a cheap Bounty Hunter Gold Hunter, I think its called. It is a basic detector for like 60 bucks. No frills but it works well.
Biggest thing is, any detector you get, you have to learn it. It takes a while but once you learn it, you'll know just by the sound whether its something you want to dig or not.

I just ordered the Bounty Hunter Gold Digger from Amazon. I can't wait to see what we find! Even if it's mostly old beer cans or pop tops it will be nice to clean up my woods.
tongue.png

Well, be prepared to dig a lot. On that metal detector, gold and aluminum both have the same tone, real high pitch clear sounds.

No gold out here in Tx but plenty of gems and fossils and arrowheads :D I very wish however you could find thundereggs out here. I love them dearly.

There is gold in some parts of Texas. You'd be very surprised if you know where to go, but it depends on what area of the state you are in.

Try the hill country and the western side of the state. Most will be placed gold and extremely fine.

On a related note, anybody got a rock polisher out there and/or doing rock cutting? I have a lot of lake Superior agate. I could ship some. You could keep a share in exchange for polishing some.

Back
Top Bottom