Any chance I didn't lose them?

wolftracks

Spam Hunter
12 Years
Nov 6, 2009
Modesto
I went out of town to take care of a couple of the GKs and ended up having to stay till just a while ago. Tire problems.

I got home and checked my hatcher since I should have had chicks yesterday,

I have one BO out and no other pips. Don't know what happened, but my humidity was at 50%. This chick is still drying, so had just hatched a day late, but don't know what to do now. I added water to the sponges and humidity it back up, but do you think I may have shrink wrapped them?

I'm trying not to open the hatcher to check the eggs, but I'm so afraid I messed up. I also thought I'd try carton hatching again, but this chick came from an egg that was laying on it's side. I think I'm done trying the cartons again.

I think it is ok. I worry lots more about shrinkwrapping when pipping has already started and air is getting to the membrane. Hope your little one has some buddies in the a.m.

If your temps were a bit low they just may be a little late. I would see what happens tomorrow. I certainly wouldn't count them out yet.

Good luck!
fl.gif

Yep they were low a couple of times. Nothing outrageous, but they were in a still air and it dropped to 99 a couple of times is all. This one was probably an hour old when I got home. Thought I'd be walking into a done hatch. I was happy to be leaving instead of knocking my neck and back out of wack watching.

I'm starting to get a headache trying to search for pips. At least this one looks pretty good so far, although still pooped out and floopy.

Might be able to sleep soon. Got another pip!

It's a small one and hasn't changed the past hour, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

These guys have to hurry up though, cause I have more to put into lockdown!

Have 3 BOs out but no more pips
sad.png

The AMs I had a hard time seeing through and just took a chance, but wasn't expecting those two to do anything. I can kind of see through, but it's more like a low shadow, so think I just have yolks at the bottom. Just had to try them though.

I have Wellies and BCMs with no pips. Not giving up. These 3 hatched a day to day and a half late. I've had day 23 hatches a couple of times, so keeping my fingers crossed.

These three are some fat noisy little suckers. LOL I haven't had BO for over a year, so I'm happy to get a few.

I figure any hatched out of shipped eggs is a good thing. The PO like to abuse my boxes!
somad.gif

I have Islandics due the 9th. I'm only seeing a couple that look like they're doing anything at all. Got lots of broken aircells and some scrambled. Maybe I'll at least get 2 and it would be so nice to get a pair. That's not my luck though. I'm the ROO QUEEN!
smile.png

Last edited:
So I ended up with 4 BOs. One hatched this this afternoon. Humidity was up, but it ended up stuck and yes I helped it out.

Never had to wash a chick before and didn't do a great job, so it has some yuck stuck to it. I just wanted it to get some energy before I spent extra time getting the rest off.

Other 3 are fat and fluffy and getting carried around by kids. LOL

Back
Top Bottom