Any chance they are still alive?

Just after dawn now, and no chickens. I spend a good deal of the previous evening with a flashlight looking up in the trees. There was a cold snap last night, which would have been new to them since they sleep in the livingroom. I will leave the food and water out in the same place I always do.

There is still a chance they were roosting that early. I have "strays" that have free ranged and roost in the trees by the garden for the last 2 years. The last one did not come down until 7:20 this morning. I think the only reason he came down when he did was because he saw me throwing scratch feed out.

They are very good at roosting where they can't be seen, even with a flashlight. Hopefully they will be waiting on you when you get home.
fl.gif

welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
I searched the house once again before leaving for work, again nothing. Left food out in the standard place. Just as my son came out with his school bag, he yelled, "PAPA!!! CHICKENS!!"

They came running across the lawn from the neighbor's yard as fast as they could and made a bee line for the food. The best theory I could come up with is that my neighbor (the one who gave me the chicks in the first place) has a six foot chain link fence around his yard that he never closes the gate to. They must have been over there when it got dark and couldn't find the way out.

They were too hungry to let me catch them (they know that means going inside) so I had to leave them out again for the day. Tonight I will finish the run. Leaving them to their own devices is just too stressful.

Godzilla and Mothra are home safe and sound. THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE ADVICE/FEEDBACK/SUPPORT!!!!

Back
Top Bottom