Any day now? Maybe

Mar 18, 2023
Central PA
At 17 weeks tomorrow. Been searching everyday like a 5 year old on easter morning for the past week. Have one that has been acting differently this week. Alot like one of my moody teenagers. She definitely got something up her butt, hoping it's an egg. 😀. Anybody else getting anxious for their first egg?
20230617_165644.jpg
20230617_165741.jpg
Screenshot_20230617_182851_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
This is the longest period ever... waiting for that first egg. The only thing that takes longer is the 21 days waiting for eggs to hatch - that is an eon.

I will tell you, that only when you have made speeches about crock pots, then finally given up all hope, and have come to terms with the notion that some how you got the only non-laying hens on the North American continent...two weeks later you get your first egg.

I love getting eggs, good luck to you!

Mrs K

We have two that finally started laying last weekend, but I still feel like a psycho waiting for the other three to catch up.. like come onnnn! Then this morning there was an egg under the roost bar so now I’m wondering if that was a first egg? Idk but I relate to your feelings.

Back
Top Bottom