1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Any Day Old Chicks On The Way ?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Chipper, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Chipper

Chipper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2009
    Washington County, NY
    So,who has day old chicks on order for this spring ? What breed/s and how many ? What hatchery or breeder do you like to use ?

2. Cabotchick

Cabotchick Out Of The Brooder

Jan 10, 2013
    i ordered from a hatchery for the first time. MT healthy. I am waiting and seeing they arrive this week. Praying bad weather stays away as they are saying flurires the day i have to go get them. AGHH, but then turn into 50/60 s so they will be warm.

3. Mac14

Mac14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2012
    Northern California
    In March my feed store (gets them from Privett Hatchery) is having chick days, so I am going to get 4! I'm so excited! :)

4. allmychickens

allmychickens Just'a small town girl

Aug 4, 2011
    Washington
    i have 13 chicks coming from my pet chicken on april 9th or 10th (shipped on april 8th)!

I got...
    -5 brown egg layer assortment pullets
    -5 rare breed assortment pullets
    -2 LF cochin pullets ( one white, one silver laced )
    -1 silver spangled hamburg pullet

im so exited! First time ordering from them but they have excellent reviews!

5. myfinefeatheredfriends

myfinefeatheredfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Ohio
    I don't have any coming this year as yet but I wish I did...

I want to try Faverolles, Chanteclers, Barnevelders and blue Orpingtons eventually.

6. Chipper

Chipper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2009
    Washington County, NY
    I decided to give Mt Healthy a try this year.I have 15 ,straight run, Buff Orpingtons coming at the end of March.I'm fairly close to them and I've heard good things about them.I only want to end up with 5 hens and a rooster.The rest will be processed and saved for supper or re homed to other chicken keepers.I look forward to having one of these hens hatch out her own chicks in the coop next year.

Good luck to everyone with new chicks on the way ! What a wonderful time of year and a wonderful hobby to spend some time with !

7. hotrodflash

hotrodflash Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2012
    East Texas
    I have 12 assorted pullets coming from Ideal Poultry, being shipped 1/16 should receive 1/17. And of course they will probably include males for warmth. So we will see how many actually arrive.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by