Any deer hunters out there...

FlatRoofer

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 19, 2011
Just wanted to see if any deer hunters are on this forum. The season is just about here I can't wait. Has anyone seen any big bucks this year, I would love to hear all about it.

Yes. We have seen a few nice bucks to far for a bow shot and the next day a group of does came out when we had our rifle. Our season has stated Aug. 15 in part of south carolina.

Haven't been out to scout yet, but I know they're there. Hunt rifle season in the cold up here in the Northwoods. Used to bowhunt too, but haven't had the time the last few years.

I just started deer hunting last year. I got two does and am getting the fever already this year hoping for that big buck. I havent seen any yet this year but I've heard of a white (albino) buck that is supposed to be huge in the area. I'd love to get a glimpse of him!!!! My hubby has hunted his whole life. He's the one who finally took me. I fell in love with hunting. Now it's all I can do to wait until season. Doesnt start till november here. Hope everyone has good luck this year!

I want to "buy" a deer from a hunter and not sure where I can get one if they would do a kill for me. I can either pick up the deer on the field or pay to have it processed.

Where do I find these hunters? Can I buy hunting license for him to fetch me a deer or the hunter have their own quota for the year?

Well, I don't think it's legal to actually sell wild-harvested game meat anywhere in the country, and I suspect it's also not legal for someone else to shoot one on your license/tag. That said though, we usually have more venison than we can eat and it's perfectly legal and ethical to give it away. My husband has already promised whatever California deer he gets to be split between two friends. I will most likely not get one. It's just a "who you know" thing. Those states that have multiple tags and a big deer problem, I doubt it wold be too hard to find someone willing to give you one, after all, that's one more they get to hunt, but don't have to freeze themselves.

Back
Top Bottom