Any educated guesses on what breed / gender this chick is?

Long overdue update! Around 18 weeks old. The wattles are begining to grow in, and the comb has gotten quiet large. No crowing yet, no eggs, but definitely the lookout chicken, and is very vocal with warning clucks.
I was definitely wrong in my initial guess, she’s a pullet.

She is gorgeous, this thread was a fun roller coaster! Glad it ended on a great note! Sometimes I wish my gender observations are wrong! It’s so sad to get a cockerel, especially if you raised it for months…
Aye, the original plan was to have any put into the freezer, but raising and spending time with them has gotten me to want more for them than to simply end up on a dinner plate so early in life. I’ve already talked to a few family members who own farms who have offered to take in any extra Roo’s I may have during my chicken adventures, so thankfully I do have a backup plan for future Roo’s.

Also that way I can cherry pick Roo’s of certain breeds for future breedings :p

Update: Henrietta has laid her first egg! Along with another 2 by the time I fixed my phone to post this, for a total of 3 so far. So thats around one very small cream white egg every third day or so.

Attachments

• 4EE891F8-177C-42FC-BDF3-4932599C25D0.jpeg
    4EE891F8-177C-42FC-BDF3-4932599C25D0.jpeg
    891.9 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom