Any experience with buying a "Chicken Safe" run?

Why not just start with a canopy that has proper height and add your own welded wire and door frame.
I agree it looks similar to the canopy, except for the bars running across the ground, which provide more support. I'm worried the canopy would not be sturdy enough to prevent diggers from getting under it, even with a ground skirt or buried wire. What's to stop it from flipping over?

I agree it looks similar to the canopy, except for the bars running across the ground, which provide more support. I'm worried the canopy would not be sturdy enough to prevent diggers from getting under it, even with a ground skirt or buried wire. What's to stop it from flipping over?

The anchor kit keeps if from flipping over, the 2x4's you attach with 2 hole EMT clamps is how you attach the ground skirt and how you frame the door...

JT

Why not just start with a canopy that has proper height and add your own welded wire and door frame.

@aart Looks like the same fittings that came in a canopy kit I got years ago with welded pieces to form the joints and you just put tubes into the sockets so yea the angle stays the same.

JT
I guess it would depend on the canopy.
Browser is not letting me open chicken safe site....but wonders if it gives the gauge of the tubing. JT's canopy link says 1 3/8 dia 20ga.

Back
Top Bottom