Any experience with returns & warranties with CC ONLY Coop manufacturers?

This is really sorry on their part. I have a dog house I'm converting into a brooder that is 18 years old and it still don't leak. No reason for that to be a problem. None.
I think some of these places pull stunts like this just because they feel certain no one will pursue a legal challenge to them.

Last edited:
I am sorry you had to go thru that, but hopefully with part of the money they refunded you, you will be able to make it weatherproof. I am currently as well looking for coops (my 1st one) and I was going to purchase one from them, until I posted a thread on the BYC forum, where people told me it was not a good idea (especially for the space). I am glad I followed their advice and even more now I am reading your unfortunate experience. With good weatherproof paint and maybe a good roof this coop will become perfect because they do look good for the computer. Which model did you get and how many chickens will you have (that was my biggest issue because it seems way bigger than it actually is)? Anyways good luck and let us know on how it turn out.

So sorry you had a bad experience. I went to the website to check it out and while it looks like good stuff, you just can't really know for sure. At least they did contact you. I have heard others having trouble with Amazon and Craigslist sometimes.You should track what it takes to make it right and I would do a review on it, cc the company too so they know what you had to go through.

First of all
welcome-byc.gif
, you have come to the right place and sorry you have had a bad start to chicken keeping through no fault of your own. With all the great minds here we will get you up and running no matter what it takes. As far as this scum ball company I would let them know that you post here and that you will inform everyone of their less than quality product and I would also mention that you would be informing the State Attorney Generals office and file a complaint. They still might not care but if you keep one person from buying their product and going through what you did, its mission accomplished. Well I hope you get everything straightened out,if not post your problem here and at least one person will jump in with an idea. You will find that once you get past the BS this is a great hobby!
yippiechickie.gif

I've got the plucker from that company and it is very good. I haven't had any problems, but I do know of one fellow who had problems with the motor and it was replaced for him.

That company is bad about answering email. Call, leave a message, and the owner will call you right back. I think there is only one person there. He's not a manufacturer; he is brokering stuff made by other people.

$400 is cheap for a new coop, especially if that includes the shipping which is probably half the cost. If you order a cheap product, sometimes what you receive is a cheap product. The down side to ordering on-line is that even when the company takes returns, the shipping eats it all up so it isn't worth doing the return.

I haven't seen the coop, but you can probably fix the leak with a $17 roll of roofing paper. Not that I think you should have to repair brand new equipment, but since you are stuck with the coop, you should be able to fix it easily.

It’s been some time, and just wanted to let you all know that we did settle and it was a good outcome. After some time, they agreed to refunded most of my money minus the shipping fees. He agreed that there was a fault in the type of wood used, and that’s why in the end gave in. I kept the coop, fixed and used it until my husband was able to build me a bigger and better permanent coop.
again thanks for all the support I received.

I wish I had found this site a month ago! I'm waiting for a coop from CConly and have already had a few problems. First they said it would be shipped 6/26 but when I called the 27th to check they told me it would ship the 29th. I didn't get the confirmation e-mail so I'm guessing it wasn't shipped yet. With the holiday this week it probably will take even longer. I have 8 fast growing chickens in the kitchen anxious to get out and have some room. No matter how often I clean the "brooder" its getting a bit ripe. I sure hope that when it finally comes it will be decent. My husband didn't want to tackle building one from scratch but will be able to "amend" it if necessary.

This is all new to me, hope when they get outside safe and happy it will be better.

Back
Top Bottom