Any experiences with Healthy Chicks and More

wonderpup

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jan 3, 2011
NW Florida
http://www.healthychicksandmore.com/

Just
curious if anyone had any experience with these folks, it's one of the places we've decided is a possibility for us to order from. We are by no means finished checking places out but so far this one is on the list. And they are advertising free shipping, but I'm betting you pay for it in price per bird. *shrugs* I think we are looking to start with Australorps for our own and I'm not sure what we're getting the inlaws. She wants "just chickens" *eye roll* Figuring RIR's and dominiques and/or something white will make her happy.

Never ordered from those. The individual price looks high, but the way I did it was to look at a few different hatcheries, decide what I would order from them (not always the same) and see what the total came to. Sometimes it was significant. Watch the minimum orders. Sometimes it is better to order a few more, like when ordering from Cackle, 15 is probably cheaper than 10 because of the special handling for fewer.

I notice with this hatchery, they are all straight run. That means you will almost certainly get a lot of roosters. If you are going to eat some, no big deal. But if you only want layers, that could be an issue.

I have 10 pullets from them. They arrived early March 2010. All are have been very healthy birds and good layers too. I have a variety of breeds from them and while they are "hatchery quality" they are pretty birds. Here are a couple photos:

Last year I ordered from them and they totally messed up my order. I wanted 6 buff brahmas, and received 6 light brahmas instead ( I already had some, so I gave them to a friend) 2 of the 10 died just after receiving them from the PO. Two others were roos, even tho I ordered pullets. They did refund the mistaken 6 Brahmas, but not the 2 that didn't make it, or the roos. So, out of my small order of 10, I only ended up with 3 total. That being said, they did have the chicks I wanted, and a small order policy, and the customer service did try to fix things sort of, but I guess any Hatchery can make a mistake. The 3 I kept are healthy, happy and pretty. I ended up with one black austrlorp, one buff brahma and one darling speckeled sussex. Hope this info helps.

Quote:
I ordered 10 each of BO and EEs. all did great got merecks vacc. they sent 25 total!!! paid total of $97.00 and had 25/25 success rate!

I ordered 10 chicks Total from Healthy Chicks and More.5 Ameraucanas and 5 Black Australorps, plus 1 free rare breed. They sent 12 chicks, 6 Ameraucanas, 5 Black Australorps, and 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte. they arived in 2 days. All were alive and well. The only thing I don't like about the company is, they didn't return any phone calls or emails when I had questions but, everything turned out good and I would definitely order from them again.

Back
Top Bottom