Any first timer want to start with me? Eggs go in 4/1. ;)

My first attempt at hatching eggs will start tomorrow morning also. I spent a week of long evenings perfecting my homemade incubator and tonight it's finally stabilzed for temperature and humidity. I have 14 White Leghorn eggs that I saved over the past week from my 5 hens. Even if only 1 hatches it will be worth all the effort, I've learned a lot!
tongue.png
I plan to candle the eggs after a few days to check for fertility. Does anyone know a good day to candle? Day 3, 8, 12? Any suggestions?

Thanks to all the great incubator designs and helpful topics, I don't feel so alone hatching my chickens eggs.

I have 11 silkie eggs due on monday...I am on day 19 now and see lots of rocking. I am so excited this is only my 2nd attempt at hatching in a incubator 1st time I only got 3 out of 6 to hatch and 1 died shortly after hatching. So I only got 2 healthy babies out of my 1st attempt I guess not to bad for a 1st timer.

I woke up at 4 am to cheeping! The bator is in my bedroom . I went to look and saw that my pipped egg had zipped almost the whole way. I waited an hour and she wasn't out yet. She was trying very hard though! Then I tried to lay down. 30 minutes later, the cheeping was so loud I looked again and she had the top off, so I waited again and she finally made her way out of the egg! I got my first silkie baby! I am so excited! Her color looks either black or blue, not sure yet. I can't take pics in the bator cuz there not coming out right. Tonight will be day 21 and I haven't seen another one even pip yet.....
fl.gif

Helppppp!! Can't remember if I am supposed to take the red plugs out of the bator. I have an LG. It is day 20 and I have one that is pipping towards the middle and I can here it chirping. I don't know what to do.

My little baby has died....
hit.gif

Last night about 18 hrs after hatching I had to remove her from the bator because she had her foot stuck in the wire bottom. Out of the 14 eggs left, there was only one pip. I didn't want to open the bator but had no choice imo. I didn't want her getting hurt. Last night was 21 days. I put her in a hatcher and she was noisy for an hour...then I heard nothing. I went to have a look, thinking she took a nap and she was dead. I don't know what happened. Im so devastated! I watched her pip, zip and make her way into this world and now..shes gone. Its very sad! The other egg hasn't started zipping yet, still looks the same. I did hear alot of noise that Im sure was coming from the pipped egg from morning til about 4-5 pm. and I haven't heard a peep since. Im hoping everythings alright. Nothing else with the other eggs. Tonight is day 22 so Im starting to worry now.
hit.gif

nstamper2000, I was told to take out both of the plugs in my LG still air on day 18-19. If humidity gets too low to put the plug back in just a little bit.

Today is Day 19 for me. As of this morning, nothing yet! Getting excited!!
smile.png

Congrats on the pip xpButtercup.

Sorry about your loss browneyebuttafly.

Bil

Back
Top Bottom