Any first timer want to start with me? Eggs go in 4/1. ;)

I just checked on my other 4 eggs one of which had been chirping away and then silence. I candled him and nothing so I broke open the egg and he had died. Fully developed. I should have helped him out. He was stuck. The others, one I put back in the bator, another had stopped developing, and the other also dead. Ugggh. Still have my two turkey eggs developing. I think the one in the bator is still developing. I am soo thankful for my healthy little seven. So many things can go wrong.

nstamper, thats what happened to my second baby that pipped. She chirped and chirped but never made progress on the pip. Everyone kept saying wait 36 hrs before helping....I did and I was too late. I think if I would've done it at 24 hrs when I heard her, I would've had me a baby. Its very sad knowing I could've helped her but instead let her suffocate. Im sorry for our little chickies
hit.gif

You got 7 little ones though to cuddle up to
celebrate.gif

That makes everything a little better huh....
ya.gif

One chick is out! It started pipping early this morning, and now it is wandering forlornly around the incubator, waiting for the others to hatch. There's another one pipping for sure, and possibly a third. As for the others, either they're slow or they've chosen to peck their little escape hatches where I can't see them. I'll get some pics once they're in the brooder; the mist from the humidfier makes it impossible to get a good pic.

So sorry to hear about your loss, Browneyebuttafly.
sad.png

Thanks e from NC. Im so excited you got a little chickie! I hope you get a great hatch! Please post some pics when you get them. I still like to look at everybody elses little cuties! Congrats!
thumbsup.gif

smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I am twiddling my thumbs over here! I am 2 hours into day 21 and have yet to see any little signs of fuzzy butt arrivals. AHHH!!! This is my second attempt. Had a brown out on day 2, then my thermostat went on the fritz on day 7. I had two eggs (EE) that I couldn't see anything in when I candled on day 18, meaning pretty much completely dark. PLEASE let something be happening when I check before bed.

Well, chick #2 hatched and it looks like I've got a couple more pips, but they haven't done anything exciting overnight. Unfortunately, the 2nd chick seems to be in some kind of distress and has a less-than-fully-healed umbilicus. Had to move both to the brooder in the garage, since the cheeping of the distressed chick was so loud & constant that I couldn't sleep. Hopefully, it will be OK...not alot I can do about it right now :-(

Phew! He/she seems fine! Still a little fussy, but no longer racing around the brooder cheeping its head off in distress. That's a big relief.
Other 2 pips are still alive and kicking... not sure about the other three eggs though. Looks like I'll be coming home from work early today- I know I won't be able to take a full 8 hours of suspense!

24 hours after the last one, 1 more egg has pipped. No rocking or peeping from the other 12, but then again this egg had no signs of life when I went to bed, either.

The two chicks were snuggled in the carton on either side of the pipped egg, peeping to it, cuter than cute!! It's in the corner so I can't get a good pic.

I guess this is Day 22 (they were set in the evening on 3/31) ... how long should I give the remaining eggs, since our first chick hatched yesterday morning?

Back
Top Bottom