Any food I can give my chickens that will decrease watery poop?

Quote:
Ok. Weird. I was just thinking, "How weird is it that I am posting about my chickens poo." And here your post is. Where do I find the poop chart? (Again can't believe I typed those words.)

Thank you, Gallo de Cielo-for posting the link to the popular chart.
smile.png

I love the poop chart! It has given me peace of mind on more than one occasion. Heheheheh.
lol.png

When I switched feeds I noticed that their stool dried up a bit. They were eating Dumor chick starter, then flock raiser, then my husband picked up the wrong bag of feed while I was away, and they went back to the starter. UGH their poop was runnier and stunk much more than when they were eating the flock raiser. They were on the chick starter for 2 days before I bought Blue Seal Eggmaker Crumbles, and their stool is much drier and less smelly. But I'm sure switching back to flock raiser would have probably had similar results. I wonder if it was the quality/type of proteins or fillers, or the protein content, other vitamin content, or what. The girls just turned 18 weeks old, so we started layer crumbles. It just happened to be good timing.

Maybe try a different brand of feed since you aren't feeding too much fruit? Good luck!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom