Any Full Breeds or All Mixed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Landon1117, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Landon1117

Landon1117 Chirping

Apr 16, 2017
    Hi guys, I recently bought 4 beautiful young chickens from a breeder and was wondering if any of them were full breeds. The seller didn't really mention any breeds so I thought maybe one of you could help. If you need better pictures just let me know, this was the best I could do for tonight. I have my own guesses but :confused:. Thanks for the help!
    [​IMG]
    Hen 1: Possible BO? (Excuse the muddy feet it was rainy today)
    [​IMG]
    Hen 2: Black hen with crest, possible Silkie mix?
    [​IMG]
    Hen 3: My only guess was maybe Blue Andalusian or Leghorn mix, but I really don't know?
    [​IMG]
    Hen 4: Sorry for the bad pic, but she has a dark brown head and lighter brown colored body. She's also in the background of the first pic. My guess is some sort of hybrid.

2. dunnmom

dunnmom Crowing

Mar 30, 2016
    Oklahoma
    #1 could be Buff Orpington, but it looks like she's getting bullied.

#2 is a Crevecour, I think. (not sure I spelled it right)

Not sure about the other 2.

3. Landon1117

Landon1117 Chirping

Apr 16, 2017
    Thanks dunnmom, and I did notice that she was missing some feathers in the back. I looked up possible causes and I just thought it was moulting. Definitely not mites. I'll try to figure out what's going on. Could a rooster cause that?

4. Brahma Chicken5000

Brahma Chicken5000 Araucana Addict

Sep 26, 2017
    Central New Jersey
    1 Buff Orpington, 2 Silkie or Polish mix, 3 is not a Leghorns or Andalusian as she has red earlobes, & unsure of 4.

dunnmom likes this.
  5. dunnmom

dunnmom Crowing

Mar 30, 2016
    Oklahoma
    I'm not too sure about roosters. I don't have one myself, although I know they can cause damage to a hen's back. You can try and make her a hen saddle. I made two out of the legs of jeans that I'd blown out the knees, a little elastic to go around the wings and a few safety pins. Or you could try Blu Kote if there are no open wounds.

Landon1117 likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: