Any Full Breeds or All Mixed?

Landon1117

Chirping
Apr 16, 2017
Hi guys, I recently bought 4 beautiful young chickens from a breeder and was wondering if any of them were full breeds. The seller didn't really mention any breeds so I thought maybe one of you could help. If you need better pictures just let me know, this was the best I could do for tonight. I have my own guesses but :confused:. Thanks for the help!
upload_2018-4-2_19-26-58-png.1322010

Hen 1: Possible BO? (Excuse the muddy feet it was rainy today)
upload_2018-4-2_19-28-53-png.1322021

Hen 2: Black hen with crest, possible Silkie mix?
upload_2018-4-2_19-31-38-png.1322026

Hen 3: My only guess was maybe Blue Andalusian or Leghorn mix, but I really don't know?
upload_2018-4-2_19-33-46-png.1322030

Hen 4: Sorry for the bad pic, but she has a dark brown head and lighter brown colored body. She's also in the background of the first pic. My guess is some sort of hybrid.

#1 could be Buff Orpington, but it looks like she's getting bullied.

#2 is a Crevecour, I think. (not sure I spelled it right)

Not sure about the other 2.

#1 could be Buff Orpington, but it looks like she's getting bullied.

#2 is a Crevecour, I think. (not sure I spelled it right)

Not sure about the other 2.

Thanks dunnmom, and I did notice that she was missing some feathers in the back. I looked up possible causes and I just thought it was moulting. Definitely not mites. I'll try to figure out what's going on. Could a rooster cause that?

Thanks dunnmom, and I did notice that she was missing some feathers in the back. I looked up possible causes and I just thought it was moulting. Definitely not mites. I'll try to figure out what's going on. Could a rooster cause that?
I'm not too sure about roosters. I don't have one myself, although I know they can cause damage to a hen's back. You can try and make her a hen saddle. I made two out of the legs of jeans that I'd blown out the knees, a little elastic to go around the wings and a few safety pins. Or you could try Blu Kote if there are no open wounds.

Back
Top Bottom