Any furnace people on here?

booker81

Redneck Tech Girl
9 Years
Apr 18, 2010
Mid-MI
I am waiting for a return call from the furnace guy, but maybe someone can ease my fears....

Got a new high efficientcy furnace put in last fall, propane. It has a warranty thank god, hopefully it covers three year old children.

I'm having a garage sale, and the kiddo knows how to turn the hose on and off, and she has a kiddie pool she generelly plays with, or just hoses herself off.

Well, I went back, and as I went through the house, heard running water in the basement - which is common when it rains here, old michigan basement (and a nice sealed furnace now because of the water there).

She had the hose DOWN one of the exhaust? vents - there are two PVC vents that come out, one is short and bends down, one is long and snakes up. She had it in the "up" one.

She's also informed me she has rocks in there.

I want to pull out my hair.

Did she just destroy our new furnace??? I don't even know where the power switch is for the darn thing, it's not running and hasn't because it's hot here, but still.

Ugh.

It should be fine. They can dry it out. Those things can work after being submerged under water.

See if it has a breaker and turn it off at the breaker box. At least keep thermostat off so it soesn't come on and fry any electrical.

Quote:
What he said!! Gah!
th.gif

The guy said to just let it dry and air out. He might stop out today and look at it, otherwise, we'll schedule a "cleaning service call" so I don't pay overtime service charge. We aren't using it anyways now, so no sense in paying more than I need to.

It has a switch box for power, that's off, and the thermostat is on something like 45 degrees.

I opened it up and there was water all over inside. Water all over the wires. It doesn't smell like anything arced and fried, but I don't know how much water is in the blower and everything else.

She hosed down both the intake and exhaust pipes. I don't know which one she put stones in.

I'm going to build a screened box to attach to the house over the pipes so she can't do anything like this again.

Back
Top Bottom