Any Gamers Here?

Pics
@KreetchaKeepa Sounds like you have a big game collection! Do you resell or just collect up a big set for fun
I have never sold or traded in any of my games or systems. Even have the old Nintendo Power magazines from the 80's. All of my stuff is original and working and I've played most every game I own. I have just a couple of games that are still shrinkwrapped.

I'm a 3rd gen gamer. My grandmother gamed, my parents game, then there's me. Hah! When I'd get in from school, my Mom would shove a controller in my face. The oldest game I played was at my Mom's workplace... before Pong was a thing. Mom worked for the US Army Corps of Engineers and would often bring me to her job. I was a wee child..maybe 4ish-5 years old. I'd get stuck in front of a computer to play a game that was similar to what we know as Frogger today, but it was much more primitive.

I have Xbox360, too. Think I forgot that in my earlier post.

Any good suggestions for PS2 games to look for this weekend? We are going on a long yard sale trail and I am looking to add some more fun ones to the collection.

What do you like? I'm a huge fantasy nerd, so my favorites are obviously colored by that, but I love Final Fantasy X (Final Fantasy IX is also excellent; it's a PS game but will work just fine on the PS2). Other good fantasy RPG games from that generation would include Suikoden III, Valkyrie Profile 2, Okami, and Odin Sphere.

Shadow of the Colossus is also excellent, but just too sad for me. I didn't play it as a kid, and tried to pick it up as an adult, but I just couldn't do what you're supposed to do. It's too heartbreaking.

@jnicholes - How are you enjoying the original NES Zelda? My husband just picked it up in a game deal at a yard sale but our NES is just in rough shape that we got from the same place. He can't make it far before the poor console conks out.

Any good suggestions for PS2 games to look for this weekend? We are going on a long yard sale trail and I am looking to add some more fun ones to the collection.

Have not played many games myself lately but managed to find a complete copy of PS2 "Cabela's Deer Hunt 2005 Season" at a thrift store yesterday. Played that so much as a kid it was pathetic. Felt odd to play that game for the first time in probably 10 years but wow!

PS2 games? Let me think. Are you interested in final fantasy? There is Final Fantasy X, which is pretty good. There’s also Final Fantasy VII: dirge of Cerberus. Not bad.

PS2 games... gosh, it's hard to remember. I was a beta tester for that system so I should remember. Getting old stinks!
GTA was a kick. I remember playing Burnout Revenge and Crazy Taxi a lot. Whatever Final Fantasy games were for PS2 were great, too. Cool Boarders, SSX Tricky... liked those a lot. There was some launch game that was a load of fun, but I can't remember the name of it. I'll have to check with my kids. They game, too, and seem to remember better than I do.

I agree. For me, my ultimate favorites are six, seven, eight, nine, and 10. I’m actually having a lot of fun doing seven remake. But I have to say my favorite still is number six.
I've done Final Fantasy IX stained glass! Just Garnet and Freya so far, but any time anyone says they like IX, I have to mention it.

FFX was actually the game that got me into console gaming (as opposed to handheld), so it holds a special place in my heart, but I just love FFIX so much.

Attachments

• garnet.png
    garnet.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 1.33.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 1.33.39 AM.png
    411.7 KB · Views: 1
I agree. For me, my ultimate favorites are six, seven, eight, nine, and 10. I’m actually having a lot of fun doing seven remake. But I have to say my favorite still is number six.
My favorites are FF2 (I actually cried in one part of that game), FF3, and FF7. 7 was stunning! I have the remake, but it didn't grab me like the original. Haven't finished it.

Back
Top Bottom