Any gardening tips?

Jferlisi

i dont eat chicken!!!!
9 Years
Nov 2, 2010
Menifee CA
Hi everyone, so i have always had tomatoes in my garden, this year we did corn, carrots, lettuce and some others, the lettuce was the only one we had a problem with, it never balled up, so it was a fail. we are going to try it again but we will see. Im trying blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries, which i know nothing about. If anyone has done them and knows what to do and what not to do.

My DH and I are starting a verti-gro garden this year. Vertical pots with coconut husk and vermiculite mixture in the pots and a liquid time-release fertilizer. No weeding required. We wouldn't be able to grow corn, but beans, berries, tomatoes and lettuce would be no problem.

First you want to find what variates work good in your area, and what type of growing you want to do? organic? Minimal care? minimal water? Hydroponic? Intensive? Heavy producers? What is your goal? is this for home use or to sell?

get a soil test.find out your soil PH.

i am not sure about the other berries but i know blueberries like an acidic soil.i have read you can use a fertilizer for azaleas on blueberries.i dont have to worry about that here (we have a slightly acidic soil).

Junior

We adjusted our soil to make it more acidic in the blueberry area, after doing a soil test. We just bought a little soil test kit to do it. We've never done that for the raspberries or the strawberries. I don't think they are as fussy. Heck, raspberries grow like weeds, here!

I don't know what to say about the lettuce. I've always grown leaf lettuces and sometimes romaine.

Back
Top Bottom