Any Gender Guesses? 6 Week Old Silkies

I think that #4 is a splash, actually. They are really hard to tell apart from white before they start feathering out.

1 looks good for pullet. 2 very much looks like a cockerel right now. 3 is questionable, but that comb type isn't right for Silkies and that can mess up sexing them because it changes how their comb and wattles develop (with that kind of comb, both sexes will have larger comb/wattles than Silkies with the correct type, in general). However, I'm seeing some mulberry, which is suspicious. 4 is looking boyish as well, but not as much as 2. Definitely update us in a couple of weeks. The boys might have a few streamers by then, with any luck.

also what type of silkie
Uh...baby ones??? I'm not sure what you're asking, lol.
I think that #4 is a splash, actually. They are really hard to tell apart from white before they start feathering out.

1 looks good for pullet. 2 very much looks like a cockerel right now. 3 is questionable, but that comb type isn't right for Silkies and that can mess up sexing them because it changes how their comb and wattles develop (with that kind of comb, both sexes will have larger comb/wattles than Silkies with the correct type, in general). However, I'm seeing some mulberry, which is suspicious. 4 is looking boyish as well, but not as much as 2. Definitely update us in a couple of weeks. The boys might have a few streamers by then, with any luck.
Wow, thank you!!! Yeah, I noticed what looked to be a straight comb on both of the dark ones. That makes sense that it could be splash. It was so white as a chick, but still looked different from the splash as a chick. These chicks have been full of surprises. 😂
I will! Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom