Any good hatcheries to ship eggs?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by pringle, Sep 19, 2009.

1. pringle

pringle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Pepperell,MA
    I live in MA,my local feedstore doesnt sell quail so id like to order eggs.25 is the most I could order without my mom going crazy.Any good place to buy em.Oh ya the breed id like would be some type of large cortunix.thx

2. pringle

Apr 16, 2009
    Pepperell,MA
    Anyone?

3. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    For 25 your best bet would be to buy from here, on the BST other fowl page. Hatcheries that send eggs tend to sell by the 100's.

4. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    I agree with saddina. Check the Buy-Sell-Trade section to see if you can get the breed(s) you want in small numbers....Good luck

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I agree with Saddina too!

6. pringle

Apr 16, 2009
    Pepperell,MA
    Oh wait nvm I found a good place,its called lake cumberland game birds online shop.I can buy as little as 12!

7. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Cumberland Sell Good Stock--- Especially The Jumbo Xld-1's

8. pringle

Apr 16, 2009
    Pepperell,MA
    Lol thats exactly what im getting [​IMG]

9. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

Pringle, the following was in another post this afternoon. I would contact Fitzy with a PM here on BYC.

JJMR794 wrote:
    Dont Know If He Has Jumbo Xld-1's But I'm Sure He Has Eggs--- Pm Fitzy On Here.
    ----
    Well, as luck would have it I do have a few eggs laying around....I've been getting around 350 a week and now the next generations have began laying!

I think most people understood that the orignal post ($10 eggs) was fueled by:
    1) beer
    2) anger over false clams
    3) the full moon
    How about this, if you see this (Sue i think it is?) shoot me a pm and i'll GIVE you a few dozen eggs. No, this is not a joke! Heck (almost cursed there) if you get in touch in the next 24 hrs i'll even pay shipping.

I WILL NOT make false claims about my birds, they (from the few i weighed) seem to fall in the 9-11 oz range fully grown.

John

10. pringle

Apr 16, 2009
    Pepperell,MA
    Wow thx for the offer but im getting all this info for next spring.I should of mentioned that on the first post tho [​IMG] .Im gonna start building the pens tommorow and also order the bator to.Thx for the offer tho it was really nice of you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by