Any good places>>?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by alex, Oct 8, 2007.

1. alex

alex Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Doas anyone know a good place to buy silkie hens that doasn't cost that much?? Besides mypetchicken....because i don't like that company.... [​IMG] Oh and i live in Washington...please help!! Thanks![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Feb 28, 2007
    South Eastern Indiana
    Alex.....I dont know where you are...or what quality you are looking for, but in a few weeks I am hopeing to have several up for adoption. These are rescues..and in bad shape for now, so I want to get them healed. I know NOTHING about silkies, and I am thinking they are mixed breeds. I am in SE Indiana....let me know.

3. BJ

BJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2007
    Alex, why don't you like mypetchicken? I was planning to order from them in the spring.

4. alex

Jul 1, 2007
    well her's the story...i ordered the 3 silkies i wanted online...then i even called to make sure the order went threw...i got the order done and the employee i was making the order with said it went thre....then i sent a email to the boss or wohever that was and i gave them my acount password and everything....And she answered me back saying that the order didn't go threw......and so i told her it did and the original order i wanted was 3 female silkies and that was 40-60 dollars ....I don't remember....then she called me and said in the kind of place i live in i need to buy 4 or 5 silkies and that was 60-70 bucks.........and after i emailed her she said that i needed to buy 6 silkies....and i was really pist....becuase she could of told me in the first place so i can already make planning if i wanted to even buy silkies or not...........but however i found a really nice women who let me buy 3 silkies from her....and the cool thing was that she lived right in the city i lived in....I was really happy.....so yeah thats my story...

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Thank you. I am sorry they didn't turn out girls though. If you can't find any by spring, I will be ordering some more silkies or hatching more eggs. Again these will be pet quality birds. Good luck on the search.

BTW:
    Are you SURE that they are boys? That would make 5/6 boys from the hatch and that is terrible! [​IMG]

6. alex

Jul 1, 2007
    yes im sure...they try to mate with the female and they do a little of crowing...they have also out grown the female and are bigger and heavier....

7. alex

Jul 1, 2007
    Well, thanks for everything. i will try.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by