Any good property for sale in Ga?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by chickenzoo, Jul 27, 2008.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

We were thinking about moving in a couple years, need more land for the chickens, out of this heat, no snow too etc. We have some family near Jesup, and was thinking about somewhere near there. Any pros or cons? Where would be the best place? We would need to be close to a hospital for my husband and near a Walmart & feedstore for me, aHa

Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Just depends on where you want to live. South Georgia is very flat like Florida. I live right at the NC line in Fannin County, the southern part of the Blue Ridge Mtns and almost everyone here is from Florida...or NY by way of Florida, LOL. Anyway, land here isnt cheap anymore. I myself have the 3.15 wooded acres that adjoins the part I'm keeping with my house on it, for $69K. That's about the going rate for land here. Higher if its on a ridge line. So much of it is restricted so you cant have livestock. Here, we are only forbidden to have pigs, LOL. At least my land is very usable, not too steep and has mostly hardwoods with some mtn laurel and wild azalea on it. Blue Ridge, the next town over, is growing so I expect soon there will be a Walmart in it alongside the newer Home Depot. The closest Walmart now is in Murphy, NC, about 15 miles from my house. There is a hospital about the same distance from me in Blue Ridge and the one I go to is in Copperhill, TN, same distance as the one in Blue Ridge. I like it here pretty well.

3. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

No one else likes GA! There has to be somebody who likes were they are. [​IMG]

4. speckledhen

Georgia is ruined by one thing, IMO. ATLANTA! I'm as far north as I can be without being out of the state. I'm 8/10 of a mile from the NC line. And I love the mtns., but I hate heat and humidity. It's usually about 10-15 degrees cooler here than in Atlanta. And the nights actually cool down in summer.

5. DLS

DLS Chillin' With My Peeps

I live in georgia & I believe that it is the best place on earth. I have been to several. lots of country land for sale . try ingram & legrand they have great spots. They have a website
    welcome to our wonderful world. we have seasons, no snow, 12 deer limit & nice friendly folks.

6. beefy

beefy Flamingo Daddy-o

Apr 21, 2007
    South Georgia
    i live in south south georgia about as far away from atlanta as possible. it is both hot and humid here. we have gnats that can actually pick you up off the ground if you arent paying attention and new-fangled mutant skeeters that you can smack super hard three times, grind them into the ground with your shoe, and they still fly away. we have poisonous snakes and alligators and quick sand. we have Walmarts, (which i like to go to about as much as i like to go to atlanta) 30 miles north and south. same goes for hospitals.

7. porteryork

porteryork Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Clarkesville, GA
    Well, given the number of "floridy folk" that move to my neck of the woods, I am pretty sure everybody likes it. I am in the NE Georgia Area, Clarkesville, and love it. I have a flock of 12 soon to be 15 or so am a couple of miles from the hospital, less than a mile from the feed store and about 6 miles from 'Wally World"

It is not cheap for land here but right now is the time to buy if you are going to. (I am on the planning commission so I am a little more aware of the inventory we have.) We are surrounded by the National Forest and have several lakes around.

Come visit!

Michelle

8. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Quote:I guess you didn't see I'm from Florida, HaHa, your preaching to the quire. [​IMG]

9. speckledhen

Quote:I guess you didn't see I'm from Florida, HaHa, your preaching to the quire. [​IMG]

And those things are why I avoid south Ga AND Florida like the plague, LOL!

10. GaDawg

GaDawg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    North GA
    I live in North Ga. Great place to live! We are about 40 mins. from Chattanooga, Tn. and 1 1/2 hours from Atlanta. We have a hospital but can also pick one from Chatt. if we want to. 2 Wal-marts and 1 Tractor Supply Co.
    We have all four seasons and in the winter a dusting to a couple of inches of snow if we're lucky.

Mountains to hike and bike and lakes to fish and ski.

Malls and Outlets to shop in.

We pretty much have all that you need...lol... or a short drive to get it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by