Any guesses at what breed my chicks are?

KKandKG

Hatching
May 13, 2024
I got them at TSC. The first two were labeled at Bantams. The last two were labeled as Orpingtons but they have feathered feet. They actually all have feathered feet except the first one.

Attachments

• IMG_6649.jpeg
    IMG_6649.jpeg
    348.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6647.jpeg
    IMG_6647.jpeg
    332.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6639.jpeg
    IMG_6639.jpeg
    258.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6642.jpeg
    IMG_6642.jpeg
    329.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Do you mean the last two have feathered feet? Are they bantams as well? The first one could be a Black-breasted Red Old English game, the second maybe a bantam Rhode Island Red. If the last two are bantams I don't know what they could be, but if not, they could be Salmon Faverolles.

Do you mean the last two have feathered feet? Are they bantams as well? The first one could be a Black-breasted Red Old English game, the second maybe a bantam Rhode Island Red. If the last two are bantams I don't know what they could be, but if not, they could be Salmon Faverolles.
Yes, they all have feathered feet except the first one. The last two were labeled as Orpingtons but I didn’t think those had feathered feet.

Yes, they all have feathered feet except the first one. The last two were labeled as Orpingtons but I didn’t think those had feathered feet.
You're correct. Orpingtons don't have feathered feet. Brahmas, cochins, faverolles, French marans all have feathered feet and can come in buff colors. Brahmas have pea combs. Faverolles have 5 toes and beard and muffs. Marans lay chocolate colored eggs.

You're correct. Orpingtons don't have feathered feet. Brahmas, cochins, faverolles, French marans all have feathered feet and can come in buff colors. Brahmas have pea combs. Faverolles have 5 toes and beard and muffs. Marans lay chocolate colored eggs.
The last two are much bigger than the other two. I was thinking maybe Brahma.

The first is likely to be a crele or spangled old English game bantam.

The second is probably a red Cochin bantam.

The last two could be wheaten Marans. They lack the beards of Faverolles and the pea combs of Brahmas.

Back
Top Bottom